Education/Training: A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field of study required. In lieu of a bachelors degree consideration will be given to individuals with a High School Diploma and a minimum of five years of directly related commercial lending or banking industry experience.
Skill(s): Advanced level proficiency in reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; expert level proficiency with interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills; an in-depth understanding and thorough knowledge of all bank commercial products and services; a sound working knowledge of the banks operating policies and procedures; advanced technical knowledge and proficiency in spreadsheet and financial analysis; strong demonstrated self management supervisory skills; visual and auditory skills; valid driver's license.
Experience: A minimum of two (2) years related experience in related positions normally preferred.
The Commercial Loan Officer serves as an integral part of the bank, with responsibilities for both the sales and operations of the commercial lending function within a geographic region of the bank’s business footprint. He/she is directly responsible for enhancing the development, growth and profitability of the loan portfolio; meeting the commercial products and services needs of business customers; complying with operating policies and procedures; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with bank executives, managers and staff; responding to inquiries or requests for information and maintaining appropriate records, reports and required regulatory documents..
1. Performs a variety of duties to meet the commercial services needs of business customers as follows:
a. Responsible for meeting quantitative sales objectives, established with manager/supervisor annually, as a part of the Commercial Lending Department's annual marketing/sales plan.
b. Proactively manage personal business portfolio. Reaching out to prospective customers and completing the sale of appropriate commercial credit/deposit products and fee based services.
c. Solicits new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
d. Serves as a member of the Bank's sales team; makes joint sales calls where these types of calls will improve the opportunity for new business development.
e. Works with Portfolio Manager/Administrative Specialist to prepare and maintain accurate records of all present and prospective customer service calls; provide sales information on a timely basis for the customer service and sales performance reports.
f. Provide direct service or delegate service assignments to team members that will meet the requests from commercial customers of the Bank with respect to deposit, loan, and other miscellaneous products and services.
g. Support positive business growth throughout the bank by taking action on potential cross-selling opportunities and providing proactive communication to potential customers and internal business partners.
h. Works closely with Credit Analysts to obtain financial information on larger commercial credits and completes annual reviews on customer accounts as necessary.
i. Works closely with the Credit/Collections Department on any credit which needs extra attention or has the potential to be a “watch list” loan.
j. Prepares reports on partial release requests to determine that loans remain within of credit policy guidelines.
k. Maintains a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures, monitors new developments in lending and compliance with loans policies and appropriate regulations; suggests changes in credit policy as necessary.
l. Performs other related duties as assigned.
2. Manages an active portfolio of up to ($25, 000,000) twenty five million dollars of small to medium loan relationships.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management, safety, soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Reg. B), Flood Disaster Protection Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Reg. C), etc.
5. Directly supervises the work of those employees assigned to support this position:
a. Participates in the selection process for new employees as appropriate.
b. Coordinates the local level activities required for new employees to complete the new hire orientation and training in a timely manner.
c. Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter.
d. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel.
e. Maintains current communication program with direct reports, keeping employees informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the department and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
f. Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy.
6. Maintains appropriate records, reports and required regulatory documents.
1. May attend sales and trade meetings as a bank representative to develop new business and to gain information and leads on new business relationships.
2. May represent the Bank in public relations and related community activities.
3. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various outside locations as assigned
2. PC/Computer keyboard
6. Fax machine
8. Copy machine
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free