Commercial Sales Executive, Strategic Accounts – Platts
Position can be located in: Houston, TX or New York, NY or Denver, CO
The Commercial Manager role at Platts is responsible for seeking and building high level relationships through driving net sales and growth for core, large and/or complex contracts. The role delivers customer value by building a sound enterprise strategy and solution.
- Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process
- Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth
- Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations
- Negotiates and puts in place enterprise licenses capturing all use cases from EPM that align to customer business model and needs. Growth achieved with full attention to retention of existing business
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport with senior contact across key divisions and regions
- High level customer facing presentations and new product development discussions
- Regular, structured and meaningful client interactions as part of the account planning including
- Owns sales/ strategy component of account plan
- Develops comprehensive customer centric account sales strategy/ plan that considers the big picture
- Leverages the knowledge built on clients and input provided from relationship manager, business development analyst and key stakeholders from other functions
- Account plan established in collaboration with customer and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs and Platts strategy
- Regular updates of account plan
- Ensures plan content includes key metrics and milestones, short-medium-long term objectives, highlights goals achieved
- Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that are business impacting
- Accurate forecasting
- Regular and transparent plan updates
- Ensures all leads opportunities, activities, contacts, explicit needs, advances, streak analysis, buying cycle status are captured.
- Ensure all activities are captured in CRM system with help of Business Development Analyst and administrator
- Minimum 7 years of successful sales experience managing major or complex accounts preferably in commodity or financial information provider.
- 2-3 years in a strategic sales global role.
- Established strategic commercial framework with clients through high level contract negotitations.
- Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, high integrity hunter adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
- Strong business acumen, sharp financial analytical mind
- Strategic planning and execution, able to execute against a well thought out and transparent plan
- Excellent communication and presentation (verbal/ written) skills, adds value to the relationship by distilling, summarizing, interpreting and communicating information to facilitate its usefulness
- Proven leadership in managing multi-national global and/or strategic accounts, multi-cultural awareness
- Proven ability to thrive and excel in a fast paced dynamic environment with high performance expectations
- Ability to travel frequently, work long hours and weekends
- Oracle, CRM, Work, Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of energy and commodity business
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
, the world’s leading energy information provider, traders, risk managers, analysts, and industry leaders will depend on you to help them make better trading and investment decisions in the all-important energy markets. Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. With more than 600 employees in 17 offices spanning five continents, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation at Platts. We have a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a “business casual” culture. Platts is a division of McGraw Hill Financial.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
US-NY-New York, US-TX-Houston
McGraw Hill Financial - 11 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....