This position will provide you with opportunities to practice business skills and develop experience that could lead to a full time Risk Control position. Duration of internship will be approximately 90 days (June-August) with potential to join our Trainee Program Full-Time at the end of the internship. |
MUST BE OPEN TO RELOCATION.
You will learn commercial lines insurance concepts and processes and will develop knowledge specific to the Risk Control function as well as other functional areas of Underwriting, Claims, Sales, and Marketing. You will develop skills necessary for success in the Risk Control field by working with professionals on day-to-day job assignments. You may be assigned additional training or project work.
1. Satisfactory completion of the Grange Risk Control Training program.
2. Assist Risk Control Representatives, Underwriting, and Management with Loss Analysis projects.
3. Assist Risk Control Representatives, Underwriting, and Management with Industry Research, Business Segment Research, and Line of Business Research.
4. Assist Risk Control Analyst with RC survey assignment tasks, recommendation letter reviews, underwriter follow-up and other duties required in the position.
5. Assist field consultants with preparation work prior to job shadow field visits.
6. Participate in job shadow risk control visits to customer locations.
7. Provides efficient and effective evaluation surveys of low hazard risks through timely and accurate site surveys to identify and evaluate hazards and controls for light to moderate exposures.
1. Continues to gain and build upon basic knowledge and expertise of the loss control discipline through internal and external training programs and accompanying experienced representatives. This includes knowledge of general safety standards, keeping abreast of industry trends, developments, regulatory changes, and state of the art practices to ensure continued effective risk evaluation and consultation.
2. Performs other duties as assigned by departmental management.
BA/BS in Occupational Safety and Health; Risk Management and Insurance; Industrial or Environmental Engineering; or Science Majors or any BA/BS with 5 years commercial underwriting or claims experience preferred. Strong analytical and critical thinking ability, interpersonal skills and ability to work with others, as well as excellent PC skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint needed. Must have the ability to complete multiple tasks within set deadlines. Some overnight travel will be required. Must possess valid drivers license.