Bazaarvoice is based on a simple truth; when people talk to each other, people buy stuff they are happy about because they trust the opinions of others. We see a day when all voices are connected and, together, help the marketplace function better. That’s what our name means: the “voice of the marketplace.” We’ve built a network that connects businesses together to amplify the authentic voices of people wherever they shop – online, in-store and mobile.
Each month, more than 400 million people view and share authentic opinions, questions and experiences about 20 million products in the Bazaarvoice network. Our technology platform channels these voices into the places that influence purchases.
Our network helps businesses gain access to a wider audience of shoppers and trusted consumer content to improve sales and marketing. Insights from our network data help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences, drive product innovation and performance, make better merchandising decisions and build brand advocates and loyalty.
Who We Want:
Bazaarvoice is looking for an extraordinarily talented individual to join our world-class sales team. The ideal candidate is someone who has experience selling to executives in the Financial Services Vertical. The more experience you have with these organizations, the better.
- Selling into Investment Advisory Firms, Wealth Management companies or Brokerage firms.
- Selling eCommerce-focused solutions is a nice to have.
You have to be the type of person that craves a challenge and is unafraid to constantly push yourself outside your zone of comfort. A startup is not for the meek, but you will learn as much working here in three months as you would most companies in a year.
We are looking for a unique sales person. You have to be able to manage a broad territory and be able to carry the entire sales process from start to finish on your own merits and skills. This doesn’t mean we won’t be helping you sell – we absolutely will. But we believe strongly in a sales person that has the ability to play all of the important sales roles, from:
- Demonstrating the value propositions of our products and services
- Convicing the client’s IT personnel and being able to “talk shop” with them
- Partnering with the client’s marketing and merchandising staff and working through their organization to find the key champion
- Working through the legal aspects of the contract with the client’s lawyer while leveraging our internal counsel to close the deal
We prefer that you have technical or sales engineering experience. We are not looking for an account manager or developer but rather an account creator – a ”hunter”. You have to be hungry and enjoy building a market. It is critical that you are passionate about joining Bazaarvoice not just looking to
leave where you are today.
Finally, we are looking for a candidate that is extraordinarily bright and flexible. The best people in early-stage companies usually end up serving in multiple roles over a brief period of time. Flexibility and a desire to constantly learn and push yourself is absolutely required to succeed in this environment.
You will be responsible for a significant part of the U.S. region as your territory. This position will require that you travel as much as 25% of your work week, although so far we have been traveling little and closing almost all deals over the phone.
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably MIS, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Coursework focused on eCommerce studies would be a plus
- 5+ years work experience in a customer-facing sales engineering and /or sales role
- Expert in selling an early stage product in a new industry (with a proven need)
- Selling to Investment Advisory Firms, Wealth Management Companies, or Brokerage Firms
- Selling eCommerce-focused solutions
- Business data analysis
- Expert user of current web/online communication technologies, including browsers, search, email, instant messaging, and forums/message boards.
- Knowledge of online marketing techniques, technologies, and media
- Passion for technology, particularly online communication/collaboration technologies.
Give customers a voice and they'll reward you with loyalty. Listen to what they say and you'll get ideas that will move your business...