We are Farmers
Since our start in 1928, Farmers has focused on being a values-based, performance-driven learning organization. We have grown and adapted to meet the changing needs of our customers with an unwavering commitment to upholding the ideals with which we began by providing industry-leading products and services to the customers we're privileged to serve.
If you’re looking for a company that offers stability, growth potential, then apply today to find out how you can become a dynamic part the Farmers team!
We are looking for results-driven, analytical focused individuals who have a sincere interest in building a rewarding long-term career with us as a Commercial Underwriter Trainee in Austin, Texas!
Our Commercial Underwriter Trainee’s will:In conjunction with trainer and or immediate supervisor:
If you have the following:
- Manages work assignments in order to attain service level agreements.
- Provides excellent customer experience by ensuring that policy transactions are issued and changes are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Follows established procedures in issuing, renewing, reinstating, canceling and changing accounts in order to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Reviews accounts for acceptability, eligibility, classification and proper pricing based on assigned products and authority levels.
- Provides documentation for any exceptions to established guidelines along with other critical account information.
- Conducts appropriate reviews in order to prepare referrals for transactions above authority level to the underwriter or team manager.
- Develops effective working relationships with assigned agents. Includes correspondence, phone calls and email to gather and analyze necessary information critical to the underwriting function.
- Reviews and evaluates underwriting to gain an understanding of the loss potential and appropriate price for the exposures presented.
- Processes and inputs all necessary policy transactions through appropriate company systems.
- Key enters data or prepares worksheets as needed.
- Computes rates and premiums and selects the appropriate declarations, coverage forms, exclusions and optional coverages in order to complete a policy.
- Prepares invoices, tracking and checking for account status and premium dollars in the Commercial Accounts and/or billing systems.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
We will provide you with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management or an Insurance related degree.
- Or, Bachelor’s degree with an Underwriting background or prior insurance background (claims, loss control, etc)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven analytical/problem-solving and decision making skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
o Total Rewards benefits package, 401K, and a competitive starting salary.
o Rapid growth potential for success-oriented people through our award winning training and development programs.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
Special Skills Requirements
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...