Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is currently looking for a Project Manager, Operations/R&D to join our Research and Development Division in Lakeville, MA
Position Summary :
This position provides project leadership to cross functional teams that are responsible for execution of assigned projects (new products, line extensions, package/graphics changes, reformulations, promotional packaging/pallet programs). Responsible for managing resources (time, people) to successfully execute team project goals. Communicates functional strategies to team, manages risk, executes approvals through stage gate process (PPPCA), and leads conflict resolution. This position provides management oversight for stage gate projects, cost savings initiatives, SKU rationalization, USDA bids, and technology platforms that impact OSC manufacturing locations
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
- Leads cross functional teams responsible for assigned projects. Responsible for ensuring team meets overall project timeline & critical path. Leads the team in Failure Mode and Effect Analysis and contingency plan creation. Responsible for managing the project through the stage gate approval process (PPPCA) and presenting status updates to key stakeholders and senior leadership. Manages team to create post activity assessments.
- Ensures cross functional alignment at every stage of project. Provide conflict resolution to team members in order to achieve cross functional alignment. Ensures team members are contributing in a timely and appropriate manner. Ensures commercialization success is celebrated.
- Serve as a liaison to key internal functions to ensure customer expectations and schedules are met.
- Create improved speed to market by leveraging people, tools, key learning, and successes to create and institutionalize new methods to execute projects.
- Provides Project Management guidance and mentorship to colleagues
- Participates as a contributor of key meetings as appropriate
- Assist with the deployment and institutionalization of process improvements
- Expands and contracts the team as project develops. Determine if and when to involve other departments who may not be regular contributors (tax, customs compliance, IT, global customer ops, fruit supply, warehousing, etc)
- Anticipate, communicate and manage issues and risks to project success (know when to get other decision makers involved).
- Bachelor’s degree and eight to ten years of professional experience with three to five years of manufacturing site management experience (Ops, QA, SC, TS, CI, etc).
- Strong leadership, collaboration/peer relationship, influence, planning, business acumen, and problem solving skills.
- Project management expertise with necessary IT skills (MS Project, Excel, SAP, SharePoint, etc).
- PMP or Six Sigma preferred
- Have strong communication skills, specifically in influencing, both verbal and written.
- Be able to effectively multi-task, juggling multiple and sometimes shifting priorities in an organized manner.
- Team building and alignment skills.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Ocean Spray - 11 months ago
Ocean Spray is a vibrant agricultural cooperative owned by more than 700 cranberry and grapefruit growers in the United States, Canada and...