We are seeking a bright, ambitious, self motivated individual to join our Commodities Trainee Program on the Agriculture Platform in the Sugar Group. Successful candidates will join a 12-24 months training program in our Agriculture business. The program focuses on building critical skills, knowledge and experience in operations, finance, risk management and research, followed by increasingly more complex trading concepts. Our Commodities Trainee Program is an exciting opportunity to train, learn and work in a dynamic, multinational company with diverse and rising global businesses, and operations in over 40 countries on 5 continents.
Noble’s Agricultural Research Group creates proprietary research on global demand, production cycles, policy and trade that are integral to commercial decision making. This Commodities Trainee - Sugar Analyst role would have the combined role of expanding Noble’s coverage in the Americas as well as supporting the senior analyst in analyzing global markets.
- Expand Noble’s research coverage into North America and Latin America ex-Brazil, analyzing trends in consumption, production cycles and government policy
- Maintain Noble’s sugar supply and demand database with latest supply and demand and shipment update
- Monitor global trends in cost of production, capacity and demand
- Constantly interface with trading desk for help in information gathering and applying research findings to commercial decision making
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Political Science and/or Agricultural Specializations
- Coursework in statistics, calculus and economics, as well as evidence of strong mathematical ability and written communication skills, is more important than exact area of specialization.
Internship experience and 0-2 years of work experience
- Spanish speaker preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office application, especially Excel VBA programming
- Strong communication skills; able to explain complicated concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Team player with strong commercial acumen
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills with attention to detail
- Keen sense of priorities to meet short deadlines
- Curious, self-directed and capable of taking ownership of one’s work; ability and desire to be the “expert” on their eventual area of expertise
Noble Group Limited - 4 months ago