The Commodity Manager will directly report to the Supply Chain Manager and will act as the primary support by preparing required documentation for supplier meetings and negotiations, presentations to management for sourcing events and project implementation. Annual spend will vary depending on commodity. Responsible for driving the RFQ process and analyzing the results associated with the Request for Quote (RFQ)/Request for Information (RFI), working on New Part Introduction and ensuring suppliers meet Federal-Mogul's requirements for delivery, quality and cost. Position will be within the Vehicle Components Solutions group focusing on Engine components (Liners, Piston Rings, Valvetrain, etc.).
- Lead the development of commodity strategies, sourcing activities, and project implementation.
- Research materials and suppliers to develop an expertise related to the commodity supported.
- Develop Supplier Partnerships/Strategic Alliances as necessary to support/enhance commoditites strategies.
- Prepare required documentation for supplier meetings or negotiations.
- Prepare presentations to management for sourcing events.
- Attend meetings as required to support or represent Supply Chain Manager.
- Prepare and send RFQ/RFIs for commodity projects.
- Maintain consistent communication with suppliers to ensure RFQ timelines are met.
- Interface between suppliers and engineering/operations/marketing to answer any questions related to RFQ documents.
- Perform financial analysis of RFQ results to determine overall cost competitiveness.
- Make sourcing recommendations based upon RFI and RFQ results.
- Evaluate blocked invoices and resolve discrepancies related to price or quantity differences.
- Ensure invoice issues do not adversely affect supplier relationships.
- Identify opportunities to improve invoice process between supplier and FM AP to reduce total number of blocked invoices.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering / Business / Materials Management or Logistics required with a preference for an MBA
- The authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of non-conformities relating to the product, process and quality system and the authority to stop further work on non-conforming suspect product until the deficiency or conditions have been corrected.
- Abide by the location's EH&S policy endorsed by the local management, comply with the legal and other requirements and operational controls established under its EHSMS, work toward achieving established objectives and targets, and conform to procedures consistent with the ISO 14001 standard. Report, and if necessary stop, any activity that does not conform to the policy or may injure himself/herself.
- Capable of providing any other additional support as requested by supervisor.
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement and/or Materials Management.
- Demonstrated background and proven experience with RFQ processes, data analysis and commodity support.
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills
For Federal-Mogul, the sum of the parts is greater than the whole. The company makes components used in cars, trucks, and...