Commodity Sales Specialist, Mid Markets – Platts
We are seeking a Commodity Sales Specialist (CSS), work on Mid Market accounts. This role will be responsible for driving revenue growth of Bentek products within named accounts. The CSS will work under the general guidance of the Platts Strategic CM and taking responsibility for the experience the customer has with Bentek. This role will develop and maintain long term relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Growth: Employs SPIN and consultative sales techniques to: Develop existing account with new product up-sell and cross sell opportunities, act as a Bentek business consultant for the aligned strategic account team (CM and CDM), manage the Bentek renewal process lead by the Platts CM, maintain high retention rates,
- Account Planning and Management: Understand the named accounts in depth, and the total Bentek/Platts bank of business for the account. Work with the Platts CM to develop and implement a comprehensive customer centric account strategy plan that considers a near and longer term strategy.
- Customer Relationship: Develops and builds meaningful relationships with key and influential contacts. Works with CDM to manage the Service Level Agreement. Responsible for delivering presentations on products and market updates as related to the Bentek Analytics.
- Lead Generation: Research customers business, identifyand qualify leads, works with Platts CDM to negotiate and close deals. Drives interest in new products and providing demonstrations and market updates. Hunts for new opportunities within account.
- Reporting and Internal Administration: Maintains CRM activity log, monthly reports, accurate forecasting. Also maintains account plan and profile while identifying potential risk and opportunities for Bentek business within the account.
- Minimum 5 + years experience in a B2B corporate environment, solution selling.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Strong strategic planning and organization skills (implement and coordinate)
- Strong business and professional acumen. Travel necessary
- Superior customer relationship management skills. Demonstrate the ability to build relationships with end user and decision makers
- Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office and using CRM systems
- NGL or Crude market experience
- Graduate or professional experience
Regular full-time employees of The McGraw-Hill Companies routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
The future of energy is in your hands. At Platts, the world's leading energy information provider, traders, risk managers, analysts, and industry leaders will depend on you to help them make better trading and investment decisions in the all-important energy markets. Our real-time news, pricing, analytical services and conferences help markets operate with transparency and efficiency. With more than 600 employees in 17 offices spanning five continents, you get the best of a small company and a Fortune 500 corporation at Platts. We have a highly diverse workforce, a global perspective, and a "business casual" culture. Platts is a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies.
The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE: MHP) is a Fortune500 corporation with over 20,000 global employees and over 10,000 U.S. employees. Around the world, McGraw-Hill provides people with the information and insights they need to adapt and grow in changing times. Our business spans the fields of financial services, education, and business information with leading brand names such as Standard & Poor's, McGraw-Hill Education, Platts, and J.D. Power & Associates. By working together with our customers and partners, these brands are laying the foundation for a smarter, better world.
The McGraw-Hill Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual
McGraw Hill Financial - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....