Commodity Sales Specialist, Strategic Accounts – Platts (Bentek)
We are seeking a Commodity Sales Specialist (CSS), Strategic Accounts to work on strategic accounts. This role will be responsible for driving revenue growth of Bentek products within named accounts. The CSS will work under the general guidance of the Platts Strategic CM and taking responsibility for the experience the customer has with Bentek. This role will develop and maintain long term relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Growth: Employs SPIN and consultative sales techniques to: Develop existing account with new product up-sell and cross sell opportunities, act as a Bentek business consultant for the aligned strategic account team (CM and CDM), manage the Bentek renewal process lead by the Platts CM, maintain high retention rates,
- Account Planning and Management: Understand the named accounts in depth, and the total Bentek/Platts bank of business for the account. Work with the Platts CM to develop and implement a comprehensive customer centric account strategy plan that considers a near and longer term strategy.
- Customer Relationship: Develops and builds meaningful relationships with key and influential contacts. Works with CDM to manage the Service Level Agreement. Responsible for delivering presentations on products and market updates as related to the Bentek Analytics.
- Lead Generation: Research customers business, identifyand qualify leads, works with Platts CDM to negotiate and close deals. Drives interest in new products and providing demonstrations and market updates. Hunts for new opportunities within account.
- Reporting and Internal Administration: Maintains CRM activity log, monthly reports, accurate forecasting. Also maintains account plan and profile while identifying potential risk and opportunities for Bentek business within the account.
- Minimum 5 + years experience in a B2B corporate environment, solution selling.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal
- Strong strategic planning and organization skills (implement and coordinate)
- Strong business and professional acumen. Travel necessary
- Superior customer relationship management skills. Demonstrate the ability to build relationships with end user and decision makers
- Consultative sales and negotiation skills experience
- Highly proficient in MS Office and using CRM systems
- Strong understanding of energy and commodity business
- Graduate or professional experience
Regular full-time employees of McGraw Hill Financial routinely receive the following benefits:
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, Flexible spending accounts with company contribution
401K with company matching, long-term and annual incentives, stock purchase program
Many work/life benefits such as low-cost emergency child- and elder-care, parental leave for birth or adoption, flexible work arrangements, volunteer opportunities, employee assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, and much more
About the Company
The Commodities & Commercial Markets segment of McGraw Hill Financial provides industry-leading intelligence, benchmarks, analytics, and solutions that enable business professionals and other consumers to make better decisions. Its market-leading brands – Platts, J.D. Power and Associates, McGraw-Hill Construction, and Aviation Week – have a common focus: generating growth opportunities by integrating into customers' workflows and infrastructure.
McGraw Hill Financial is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email webmaster -at- mcgraw-hill.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
McGraw Hill Financial - 12 months ago
McGraw Hill Financial is a high-growth, high-margin benchmarks, content and analytics company serving the capital and commodity markets....