Communication Spec-Air Ambulance Medivac-Nights
United States-Alaska-Anchorage-Alaska Regional Hospital
The Emergency Department and Air Ambulance Department Communications Specialist (CS) is at least an EMT1 with specialized training in dispatching and flight coordination. The CS's duties include flight coordination, and clerical and interpersonal functions in compliance with hospital and department policies and procedures. They are knowledgeable with regard to hospital, department and air ambulance standards and routines. The Communications Specialist coordinates air ambulance missions as their first priority, and greets and directs patients, customers, and the general public at the E.D. window. The Communications Specialist also interacts with internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- EMT I certified within 90 days of hire required
- High School Graduate or GED Equivalent required
- Current BLS healthcare provider certification with the American Heart Association required
- Previous Dispatch experience preferred
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work and participate in a team environment within and across departments
Alaska Regional Hospital - 22 months ago
For more than 45 years Alaska Regional has been fulfilling the medical needs of Alaskans, continually improving the scope of services and...