The instructor in this position will provide instruction in assigned classes according to established course models. In addition, the instructor will teach assigned classes in keeping with community college philosophy while upholding the values of the college, and abide by all relevant college and CCCS and SBCCOE policies and procedures. Instructor will be expected to provide quality instruction, attend departmental/divisional/instruction-wide meetings, and required faculty development activities such as New Faculty Orientation. In addition, the instructor will evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus, maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students and submit required records according to published deadlines as well as conduct student evaluations of instruction as required by the college.
Current Salary Rate: $665.00 per credit hour.
- Master’s Degree in Communication or closely related field
- Experience teaching college level Communication courses
Anticipated Start Date: Spring 2014
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to Vicki Graham at Vicki.Graham@ccaurora.edu
US Mail: Community College of Aurora
Attn: Vicki Graham
16000 E. CentreTech Pkwy.
Aurora, CO 80011-9036
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know . A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Notice to all Applicants:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org .
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.