California Nurses Association/National Nurses United is seeking an experienced, professional Communications Assistant to work in Oakland, CA. The Assistant will directly support the daily activities of our Communications Department.
CNA/NNU is the nation's largest union and professional association of direct care registered nurses, with more than 185,000 members in all 50 states.
- Provide assistance to staff with the daily running of the department
- Assist the department Director on projects, as needed
- Work closely with department lead, the Operations department and offsite vendors on material production & distribution
- Compile press packets and other materials for small and large events
- Confirm spokespeople for events
- Provide assistance with web updates and email alerts
- Coordinate media buys and placement
- Make press/media phone calls, as required
- Answer general phone line of the department
- 3-5 years experience working in a dynamic and fast paced communications or media environment
- Experience handling all aspects of media communications including talking to the press, multimedia news releases, website postings, and email alerts
- Press event experience a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Experience with various social media
- Experience proofreading and copyediting
- Must be highly dependable and energetic
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines is essential
- A collaborative work style and the ability to either take direction or work independently as the situation requires
- Interest in social activism, labor unions and healthcare issues
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work extended hours when needed
- Some travel required
CNA/NNU provides a very competitive salary and benefit package including full family and domestic partner coverage, medical, dental, pension and 401(k).
Please be sure to fill out the online application and submit your resume and cover letter at:
CNA/NNU is a union whose members and leaders are predominantly women seeking to empower and improve the lives of working people. CNA/NNU is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives, particularly women, to apply.
idealist.org - 7 months ago