Under the supervision of the Communications Director, the Communications Associate researches, writes, and edits news stories, features and blogs for JUF internal and external media, and researches, creates and contributes to marketing materials and strategies, ranging from brochures and advertising to speeches, letters, reports and social media campaigns for internal and external use. The Communications Associate also assists in project management and administration, as assigned.
- Researches, writes and edits a wide variety of copy and presentations for JUF media, marketing, and public relations uses, as well as for internal distribution. This includes articles for print and websites, news releases, brochures, speeches, letters, reports and social media campaigns.
- Mines data and develops reports regarding local and overseas affiliates to support the marketing of the institution. Also helps develop reports about JUF communications efforts for internal and external audiences.
- Responsible for other duties as determined by the Communications Director and other senior staff.
- Develops and maintains a broad knowledge of organizational brand, mission and efforts as they apply to JUF programs and agencies, and identifies opportunities to advance relevant messaging for internal and external audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or related field.
- Demonstrated competence in core communications skills, including writing for print and electronic media. Some professional experience preferred.
- Proficiency with the full range of contemporary communications tools and technologies to advance a marketing communications agenda—including social media, blogging and website content management.
- Knowledge of Jewish community, culture, heritage, traditions and Jewish Communal Services.
- Extraordinary written and verbal presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven initiative, versatility and the ability to work on a team.
Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago - 20 months ago