Drive development and optimization of company-driven social/interactive communication strategy and manage implementation of online and social networking activities. Provide consultation to internal stakeholders on social media and interactive communication.
Manage the design, content development and merchandising of Pioneer websites and social media platforms to communicate information clearly, consistently, and effectively to Pioneer stakeholders world-wide. Partner with regional communication and marketing to fully leverage online assets to increase Pioneer visibility in all relevant digital media.
- Work with Digital Strategy Manager to provide counsel and support on social media and interactive communications. Partner with other departments, such as e-Business, Marketing, Communications, etc. to fully optimize social media initiatives. Actively assess industry social networking to apply best practices and leverage social media initiatives to support business plans. (10%)
- Execute Pioneer's digital and social media strategy. Create and manage content development for online assets, including social media, Pioneer.com and business information on DuPont.com, partnering with other communicators to fully leverage news and outreach world-wide, in relevant languages. Work across departments to ensure proper messaging is executed in a consistent manner, across platforms and that aligns with the Pioneer business. Web content implementation and collaboration with e-business marketing and other business functions on Pioneer.com. (25%)
- Utilize monitoring software to analyze online/external social interaction, communication and outreach programs and make recommendations for appropriate response. Monitor social networking activity to minimize risks to the company. Coordinate with public affairs and issues teams to support issue sensing and engagement strategies across the company. Maintain, monitor and share information about social media tools with respect to Pioneer, agriculture, biotechnology, etc. (25%)
- Broaden and grow Pioneer's use of social media as a communications and engagement channel. Leverage knowledge to apply relevant trends quickly, implement best practices, and optimize social media outreach to demonstrate Pioneer’s leadership position. Consult with digital strategy manager to provide support to functional and business teams to leverage and integrate online outreach activities, including the design, content development and merchandising of Pioneer online assets. Coordinate with teams to determine appropriate activities, measurement and resources. (25%)
- Monitor performance of digital activities and report performance using data to inform recommendations. Produce reports to update internal staff on workflow and process statistics compliance for approval and published content. (15%)
Education and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Agriculture, Business, Communications or a related field. Understanding of highly-scientific industries and foreign language skills a plus
Experience: 1+ year of social media-related experience required. Communications agency experience a plus
This position requires demonstrated competency and a willingness to learn social networking and online/web publishing. Experience related to traditional and social media, agency, or corporate experience preferred. Knowledge or experience in a science-related field preferred (or the aptitude to learn and apply this knowledge).
Social media expertise
- Knowledge of social media trends, strategies, platforms, tools, and best practices. Have experience and interest in SEO and SEM, social media tools and online/web publishing
- Proven ability to combine creative thinking and tactical execution
- Ability to work successfully with teams, handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrated creativity and a willingness to experiment
- Ability to develop communication strategies that assist with meeting company goals
- Basic technical knowledge of genetic improvement, biotechnology and the seed industry
- Ability to ascertain and recommend concise communication messages from a wide array of material and inputs
- Capability to communicate company information and key messages to internal employees in effective manner
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – must be fluent in speaking and writing English; foreign language skills a plus
- Listening, questioning and feedback skills
- Presentation skills
Stability of Performance
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and control responses in public forums and interviews
- Ability to be proactive and work in ambiguous situations
- Willingness and ability to monitor and manage online channels during off-hours, particularly when issues arise
- Able to understand and eager to work in multiple cultures. Open to learning from diverse situations and individuals
- Willingness to support teammates with priority projects
- Creative and fun with a spirit to collaborate
- Willingness to learn and explore new digital technologies and platforms
- Proven ability to work within a high-functioning team environment
Forget T-bills and mutual funds. Pioneer Hi-Bred International, a subsidiary of chemical giant DuPont, boasts the best yields. One of the...