The Corporate Communications Manager - External Communications will support the development and implementation of national, local and trade media relations strategies; as well as manage a variety of community relations programs for this $5 billion global company. Working closely with the director of public relations, this person will develop a deep understanding of the company’s business priorities to identify opportunities to enhance and increase the company’s reputation and visibility.
- Develop and implement strategic PR and media relations programs to achieve significant increases in brand awareness for vital company programs and products
- Identify key media outlets and reporters for targeted markets
- Develop compelling story angles, pitch stories and cultivate relationships with key trade, local and national journalists
- Write clear and compelling media materials, i.e., press releases, by-lined articles, fact sheets, company background pieces, case studies
- Understand and identify media trends, news cycles and story opportunities
- Proactively manage editorial calendars in vital trade, local and national media outlets
- Develop, verify and maintain up-to-date media lists, coverage reports, and clip books
- Coordinate special events
- Analyze and measure results of PR programs
- Develop and execute headquarters and plant site community relations strategies and programs
- Develop and maintain corporate media materials including press kits and web site content
- Develop and execute PR plans for key trade shows and customer events
- Support other corporate communications initiatives including employee and executive communications as needed
Medline is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to cultural diversity in the workforce.
- Has a minimum 7 years experience in public relations with strong media relations skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required. (journalism, communication, public relations or related field strongly preferred)
- Experience in health care strongly preferred
- Strong experience in social media monitoring, analysis and engagement a big plus
- Proven success in story telling, pitching and placing articles and generating news coverage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Is willing to travel up to 10 percent of the time to attend company events, trade shows, customer meetings
- Has strong project management and organizational skills. Ability to effectively prioritize, lead and project manage in a dynamic, quickly changing corporate setting
- Is competent in use of Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong experience with media contact management/list development tools as well as media monitoring, tracking and analysis tools.
- SharePoint experience a plus.
Medline Industries - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
When health care supplies are on the line, Medline Industries goes toe-to-toe with the big guys. With more than 125,000 products, the...