GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The Global Research Communications Manager – Employee and Marketing Communications is a member of the GE Global Research Communications Team that leads, develops and executes a wide variety of strategic communication initiatives that support the business initiatives of GE’s Global Research Centers around the world.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop and implement an effective integrated internal communications plan to advance strategic business objectives and key initiatives and tell the GE technology story to employees in a creative way.
- Translate complex, high technology features and specifications into simple, easy-to-understand, high-impact messages.
- Lead and/or support a wide range of projects including employee marketing, executive presentations, digital content, events, customer visits.
- Drive and lead content creation for intranet including success stories, business collateral, and announcements.
- Support HR and Communications leaders in the creation and execution of a broad spectrum of employee communications and events aimed at motivating, engaging and retaining employees.
- Partner with marketing leader and global leadership teams to understand emerging trends and how to effectively convey GE’s leadership role in key industries.
- Develop marketing strategies, collateral and other content to reach key external audiences in academia, government and the technical community.
- Lead special projects related to GE’s innovation brand expression globally
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, PR, English, or Journalism with at least 8 years of experience in Corporate Communications or Marketing Communications
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining a high quality of work
- Proven ability to develop and implement communications campaigns.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to conceptualize, structure, write, and present compelling stories for a wide range of audiences.
- Highly effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Creativity and curiosity
- Hands on as well as strategic demonstrated leadership and team player in virtual environment
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Proficiency in web content and graphics applications, i.e., PhotoShop
- Prior corporate communications experience in a high-tech environment
- Comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Understanding of GE resources and processes related to communications and external web
- Ability to effectively interact at all levels of the organization from senior level executives to all other employment segments
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Save to cart
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...