Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services Corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million individuals. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining ICMA-RC's Marketing team.
The position's primary objectives are responsible for project management and the writing and development of print and online content for ICMA-RC’s top clients. This position will contribute to the strategic development of custom communication materials, brainstorm custom themes, create and edit custom content, provide editorial review for all client specific materials, follow-up quality control procedures, and interact with product specialists throughout the company.
This Communications Specialist will develop, review, prepare, and manage the content development process for a variety of communications channels including print publications, online content, videos, newsletters, and special correspondence. The individual will serve as a Communications representative in working on the communications aspects of custom education projects. In creating and reviewing various communications the individual will ensure that all content and corporate messaging is accurate and consistent with ICMA-RC’s tone and style.
Additional responsibilities will include working with the Web Communications team to manage site and page development for custom clients.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Contribute and review content, and project manage ongoing communications to custom education clients by writing content for a variety of external channels including websites, printed materials and special correspondence.
- Support custom communications targeting plan sponsors and participants by creating original content for publications for current clients, and correspondence.
- Work with product managers to understand their products and marketing plans, and create custom versions of product collateral including brochures, white papers, and Web content.
- Partner with the Education and Communications team to develop and maintain effective communications strategy across various communications projects, including consistent and engaging tone, style, and messaging. Assist in brainstorming new ideas and evolving communications strategy.
- Serve as a key contact for editorial review of custom communications materials originating both within the Communications department and in other areas.
- Track custom education work.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent related experience in Marketing Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- At least 3-5 years of corporate communications experience preferably in financial services
- Strong writing and proofing skills.
- Able to convert often complex ideas and concepts into easily understood language.
- Good organizational skills are essential.
- Demonstrated effective project management skills.
- Must be flexible and operate efficiently in a team environment, as well as be able to work independently.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.
ICMA-RC - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -