Duration: 01/07/13 |
Title: Communications Specialist
Pay: $20 - $25 per hour
This position under direct supervision will be responsible for researching, writing, editing and proofreading employee communications.
- Write, and edit employee directed content including, intranet articles, weekly newsletter and other projects as needed. Content style should be engaging and creative while also crisp/succinct.
- Ensure accuracy, consistency and correctness in style, grammar, spelling and logic under deadline pressure while adhering to Associated Press style and corporate guidelines.
- Actively and professionally engage contacts at locations/within business units and functions to develop content that reflects organizational activities/news and promotes the Company's strategic priorities.
- Coordinate with other content contributors and subject matter experts to complete fact-checking and ensure consistency in style, tone, and quality in articles. Responsible for completing final edits and quality assurance reviews to ensure the utmost accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, English or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience professional writing and editing experience. Experience in a corporate or agency environment highly desirable
- Excellent written and oral communications, editing and proofreading skills.
- Very strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective communications with colleagues of many different backgrounds.
- Strong interviewing and research skills.
- Previous business writing, reporting or copyediting experience.
- Creative communications professional with a strong adherence to tight deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills to include Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style