Mindbank Consulting Group currently has an immediate opening for a Communications Specialist / Network Administrator to work with one of our prestigious Federal Clients. The Communications Specialist / Network Administrator would be providing PBX Administration and Telephony support to various personnel. The customer utilizes a mix of Avaya and Nortel PBX systems at nearly 300 field locations throughout the country and is also in the process of deploying a network management system that will allow remote management of both the Nortel and Avaya systems.
Communications Specialist / Network Administrator Requirements:
- Required to support engineering and O&M tasks such as research, design, configuration, maintenance of systems, software, and tools associated with VoIP, Unified Communications, and PBX programs as well as enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing software.
- Manage user installation and relocation requests at new facilities, in accordance with IMAC (Install/Move/Add/Change) processes and procedures; support password reset requests, voice-mail maintenance, routine phone system upgrades and repairs; install and configure COTS products and services.
- Monthly maintenance tasks associated with the administration of Cisco, Avaya and Nortel PBX, voice mail and telephony systems. Back up, protect, store off site, and restore, as needed, data residing on PBX servers.
- Monitor, dispatch, respond and resolve Service Requests utilizing the Remedy ARS 7.0 ticketing system.
- Assist with all phases of new telephony system integration and upgrades, to include design, engineering, installation, and configuration.
- Coordinate with multiple service providers (local TELCO, PBX venders) to resolve system failures and to support installations.
- Manage and administer the end-user accounts relative to voicemail properties and access to public folder services.
- Maintain IT asset management to the extent that inventory updates of newly installed or moved systems are input and tracked and IT asset data is provided to the appropriate Government property custodian.
- Develop and update policies, procedures, documentation, network administration and diagrams.
- Support VoIP and unified communications projects to include expertise in the following core areas:
- Creation of layout drawings; assist in the development of requirements documentation for VoIP and unified communications hardware and services; and assist in the development of USCIS VoIP and unified communications policies and procedures.
- Identification, ordering, and placement of VoIP and unified communications equipment, lines, and features requirements for office expansions, relocations, system enhancement additions, etc., and assist staff through the necessary approvals and placements of orders.
- Manage databases for work performed, as well as lines and circuits provided.
- Maintain and publish an electronic and camera-ready telephone directory that will be used to produce hard copies and electronic copies; maintain and publish the telephone directory in Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) format
- Provide operational management of VoIP and unified Communications services across the enterprise.
- Provide trouble diagnosis and maintenance.
- Support VOIP equipment configurations and deployments as directed; provide support for Polycom, Tandberg and Sony video conferencing systems.
sologig - 18 months ago