Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s and Oregon’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a proud member of the Lowe’s family of companies.
We are in the process of building a world class Merchandising organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
Merchandising Communication Specialist
The Merchandising Communications Specialist supports the Manager, Merchandising Operations by creating, coordinating & publishing communications for the Merchandise team. This position will be responsible to build and manage communications plans and create communication materials targeted for both internal and external partners.
· Resets: Coordinate reset communications ensuring book content input is complete and accurate. Ensure books are uploaded to the Merchandising Web Site on time. Maintains the reset & upcoming reset page on the Web. Maintain the upcoming resets on the web.
· Merchandising Updates: Maintain the merchandising updates weekly. Send out tasks to each Merchant team and monitor their input. Maintain the archiving of these updates.
· New Store / Remodels: Assist in the development of the New Store & Remodel Guide. Partners with Merchandising Operations Coordinator to develop agenda. Distributes Agenda to the Store and appropriate Store Support Teams.
· Presentations: Create power point presentations to support Merchandising meetings (such as Board meeting, Manager's Summit, MIT & COH, etc). Create excel spreadsheets for insertion into the presentation.
· Processes: Support Mgr. Merchandising Operations in the development & creation of merchandising operational processes.
· Training: Participate in the training of new Assistant Merchants. Assist in the development of the training guide. Coordinate training agenda and trainings with SSC Experts.
· File Maintenance: Assist in file maintenance for Processes.
· Reports & Meetings: Prepare various reports and set up meetings or conference calls when requested.
· Bachelor's Level Degree or equivalent experience
· 1-2 years relevant experience
· Excellent MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint Skills. Ability to create Excel financial spreadsheet and incorporate them into PowerPoint. Understanding of how to add audio/video files to PowerPoint.
· Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and duties simultaneously
· Excellent organization skills; detail orientated and accurate
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...