Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s and Oregon’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career. Orchard recently became a proud member of the Lowe’s family of companies.
We are in the process of building a world class Store Operations organization to assist in strengthening our competitive position and driving long term growth. We are seeking professionals that are energetic, driven and inquisitive and who are looking for continued career growth. The ideal candidates enjoy being a contributor to a team and a business partner with various areas of the organization.
The Communications Specialist-Operations is responsible for managing and developing store communications from the Store Support Center to support store directives. The key responsibilities of this position will be to participate in and contribute to the development of communications that will meet the requirements of the directives and provide stores with the tools they need to achieve objectives. This is inclusive of operational best practices, merchandising and marketing initiatives, etc. The Communication Specialist-Operations will ensure that the field perspective is captured on all initiatives, directives, and process improvements.
· Manage (gatekeeper) all communication from the Store Support Center to the stores (inclusive of the weekly packet):
o Create, implement, and maintain standards for communication
o Ensure communications are written with the store audience in mind
- Ensure accuracy, professionalism and consistency
o Manage and communicate expectations to content owners to continuously improve store directives
o Provide continuous improvement to formats based on stores, field, and Store Support Center feedback; interact with stores and field by participating in store visits.
o Manages store workload by documenting daily and weekly store tasks; provide feedback / push back as required
Manage and develops communications to support company strategies:
- Controls communication flow and volume
Designs, develops, and distributes operational procedures:
- Participate in strategy meetings as required (resets, Operations initiatives, Marketing initiatives, Merchant/Visual Merchandise special projects, IT software/hardware store initiatives, etc.)
- Participate in corporate initiative process development (e.g., reset prioritization process)
- Design and develop communications; ensure all subject matter experts’ content is complete and accurate, and timelines are met.
- Partner with and coordinate HR Training efforts for Operations that require Best Practice documentation.
o Provide communication support to business partners introducing new programs and/or policies and procedures
- Continuously manage and organize the Operations Procedures web page
- Seek and identify opportunities for improved productivity and an enhanced customer experience through better or more efficient operational processes
Drives continuous improvement in the areas of store communications:
- Identify and create Operations Best Practices from HR Training materials
- Ensure all processes are clearly written, understandable and meet directive requirements; obtain field and store feedback
Support Operations Initiatives (as required)
- Continuously evaluate tools required to produce documentation and deliver documentation
- Manage and organize archive of communications and procedures on the Store Operations drives and web pages
- Provide continuous improvement to the Store Operations web pages gathering feedback from users (stores, field, SSC)
o Create PowerPoint presentations to communicate Store Operations updates
- Develop and/or coordinate the development of analytical tools to support field and store
· Bachelors Degree in Communications or related field
· 2-3 years experience in Business Communications or related field preferred, prior experience working in retail is preferred
· Demonstrate initiative and leadership and have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
· Strongly self-motivated and able to work independently to keep priorities and project moving.
· Ability to multi task, managing several projects concurrently, with a strong sense of urgency to meet deadlines
· A detail oriented team player with excellent written and oral communication and customer service skills
· Ability to interact with different levels of management
· Exceptional judgment and ability to prioritize
· Mastery of the Microsoft Office suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Mastery of process mapping
· Knowledge of retail business and store operations, with a strong customer focus
Orchard Supply Hardware - 30+ days ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...