Assists the Public Information Office in the development, production, and implementation of external and internal communications for the City of Greenville. Works effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary communications office to market and communicate the City's programs and services to multiple audiences.
Examples of Duties:
• Assists with the development, writing, communication, and execution of marketing plans, promotion recaps, creative briefs, project recommendations, and presentations;
• Assists with graphic design and photography;
• Prepares documents for professional printing;
• Writes and edits text for publication;
• Updates website content;
• Assists with the cable television station.
Education & Experience:
• Associate's degree required with a major in marketing, business, communications or related field (Bachelor's degree preferred); and
• 1-3 years of related experience (preferably in an ad agency environment).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, knowledge and understanding of and experience utilizing marketing techniques. Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) preferred. Ability to operate live cable access equipment, video camera, and digital still cameras as well as experience in a video setting preferred.
Valid N.C. driver's license and acceptable driving record.
City of Greenville, NC - 9 months ago