Work with the Ipas Community Access team to complete the following activities
Share the resources identified and developed with Ipas staff in North Carolina and around the world via virtual presentations and other resource dissemination efforts
- Develop key messages on the intersections between abortion and SOGI issues– articulating both the conceptual linkages between these rights-based issues as well as naming the specific barriers and opportunities that sexual and gender non-conforming people face in accessing abortion and other SRH services.
- Use identified literature (published and gray) to develop a case statement for SOGI inclusive programming; provide examples of inclusive programming and advocacy efforts used around the world.
- Find and adapt or create exercises that promote the inclusion of all sexual orientations and gender identities in workshops on reproductive health and rights
- Review existing community access workshop materials on sexual and reproductive health and rights and create a list of recommendations for making them more inclusive
- Identify indicators or tools for monitoring and evaluation to gauge program inclusivity and the impact of inclusivity on additional programmatic outcomes
- Identify key organizations, networks and/or thought-leaders who have investigated the linkages across SOGI and abortion
- Current enrollment in a graduate or professional program and eligible to receive academic credit for the internship
- Experience in policy or program design and/or evaluation on sexual orientation and gender identity
- Engagement with organizations and networks promoting SOGI inclusivity
- International experience
- Interest in and demonstrated understanding of reproductive health and rights
- Strong oral and written communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Engagement with organizations and networks promoting SOGI inclusivity internationally or in one of Ipas’ programmatic regions (Africa, Asia or Latin America)
- Experience in advocacy
- Experience in international reproductive health programming
The IPA is the industry body and professional institute for UK advertising, media and marketing communications agencies and was established...