The Community Center Team is responsible for providing customer support and assistance to individuals at the Community Center through a variety of duties. The position responsibilities and areas of impact are: leading play care and/or café operations by working one-on-one and in groups to create a safe comfortable and creative environment. The primary position responsibilities and areas of impact are:
1) Provides work direction and training to members of the community center team; play care, monitors open skate, and café areas to ensure quality, safety and enjoyment for members; communicates updates to leaders regarding the operations of the facilities and team.
2) Provides high quality customer service by consistently exhibiting an enthusiastic and eager focus to members that is prompt and courteous; greeting members with a smile, eye contact, and personalized message; responding to questions with accurate information or referring them to an appropriate contact; resolving issues in a timely manner while displaying a high sense of urgency.
3) Ensures customers experience a positive experience by providing proactive communication, establishing a structured environment, and preparing activities based on expected member usage; provide useful information to customers in anticipation of their needs; facilitate activities and lead themed birthday parties to create a special event for children and their families; organize people, rooms and supplies; keep areas clean, neat and organized.
4) Maintains a safe, friendly, and enjoyable environment for patrons by adhering to standards, policies and procedures, health codes, and regulations; inform customers of useful information and updates relative to the established guidelines in a positive manner; provide solution-driven problem solving when resolving issues and enforcing rules; m aintains the skate rental area, including sharpening skates.
5) Supports the Recreation division services including patron relations, registrations, reservations, meetings, events, and programs by providing general administrative support including word processing, data entry, filing, cash handling, and record management; p rovides parking lot attendant coverage as needed, which includes directing traffic within the Community Center parking lot.
While these areas are the primary focus of the position, we believe strongly in teamwork and employees will be called upon to perform a variety of duties as a part of their role with the City.
Education: CPR (infant, child and adult) and First Aid certification within first 30 days of employment required and must keep their certification current each year.
Work Experience: Two to three years related experience preferred; previous experience providing work direction preferred.
Technical Skills: Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English; ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization; a bility to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to lift/pull/push/move/carry up to 50 lbs, and the ability to bend/stand/reach.
All employees are expected to contribute to the success of our organization by demonstrating the shared expectations: Customer Focus, Flexibility, Initiative, Results Orientation, Public Stewardship, and Teamwork .
Position Specific Expectations
Communication: Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose; talks beyond today and about possibilities; can inspire and motivate others; provides direct, complete, actionable and positive feedback to others; able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Problem Solving : Ability to tackle a problem by using logical, systematic, sequential approach; makes a systematic comparison of two or more alternatives; notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information; identifies a set of features, parameters or considerations to take into account, in analyzing a situation or making a decision.
Project Management : Looks ahead to the future; identifies appropriate objectives and timelines; involves appropriate stakeholders; continuously monitors project and adapts scope as appropriate; measures results and analyzes outcome; follows through on commitments.
The City of Eden Prairie conducts professional reference and criminal history checks for all employees joining the organization. All final candidates must successfully complete and pass the pre-employment process before their first day of employment.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Review Applications: Within one week of receipt
Interviews: Within two weeks of receipt
Expected Start Date: Within two weeks of contingent offer
City of Eden Prairie, Minnesota - 20 months ago
The City of Eden Prairie provides this information here on the Transparency page of the City website, which is available 365 days a year....