A Donor Relations Professional that is responsible for (1) community engagement with congregations, schools and civic groups through targeted outreach, and (2) building and managing a local Community Volunteer network to assist in engaging these audiences in meeting Heifer International’s revenue goals, mission and brand awareness goals.
Identify strategic markets and develop a plan to manage and expand a portfolio of congregations, schools, civic groups and other possible constituents to meet revenue goals in a researched targeted market.
Conduct, monitor and analyze demographic and donor research and reporting to develop and steward target audience relationships.
Manage volunteer networks through recruitment events, training opportunities, cultivation of volunteer action plans, support of volunteer initiatives and regular communication.
Develop, deliver and train volunteers to develop and deliver presentations to educate varied audiences about Heifer’s mission and model in order to engage them in increasing revenue, awareness, and brand recognition.
Cultivate and identify opportunities and respond to requests for Heifer engagement with target audiences.
Manage a budget and make good judgment decisions independently for volunteer and fundraising activities.
Collaborate with the Philanthropy Department to provide the field support for Corporate Relation partners (AKA, Global Impact,) and Directors of Philanthropy and Mid-Level Associates to identify potential major and mid-level donor support avenues.
Update and maintain current volunteer and donor group records in the database in order to accurately and efficiently monitor and report on activity.
Plan, implement, and assist volunteers with special events, fundraising activities and promotional efforts.
Collaborate with other Community Engagement staff to implement comprehensive volunteer management and fundraising strategies.
Maintain a current and substantive knowledge of donor trends and fundraising best practices.
Develop and maintain knowledge Heifer’s work with regard to the issues of hunger and poverty, community development, and environmentally sound, sustainable farming practices.
May perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned by management.
Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) yearsof related experience. Proven experience in donor relationship development and/or volunteer management essential.
High school diploma/GED plus six (6) years of related experience. Proven experience in donor relationship development and/or volunteer management essential.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Skilled at working with groups, religious and community organizations, civic clubs and schools.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector with awareness of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of volunteer management.
- Skilled with computers as a tool for word processing, database, e-mail, spreadsheets, organization, and online collaboration.
- Knowledge of community development/poverty eradication theory and practice.
- Adherence to ethical fundraising practices as outlined in the Association of Fundraising Professional (AFP) Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to cultivate, solicit, and steward donor/volunteer groups.
- Working independently and handling multiple tasks with impeccable attention to detail.
- Preparing and presenting presentations, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Working with a diverse staff, including multiple cultures and beliefs, and sensitivity to gender equity, with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully.
- Constant telephone, electronic and face-to-face communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Constant sitting and moving with occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms).
- Working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
To apply please visit www.heifer.org/careers . Heifer International is AA/EOE.
- 21 months ago - save job
It's not just a handout; it's a new way of life. Heifer Project International (known as Heifer International) runs more than 925...