Employment » Community Habilitation Worker (Per-Diem) Community Habilitation Worker (Per-Diem)
Under the supervision of the Community Habilitation Supervisor, the Community Habilitation Worker will:
1. Assist in evaluating present skills of developmentally disabled resident
2. Assist in writing personal goals and objectives in an Individual Program Plan
3. Provide each developmentally disabled resident with training and supervision in the following appropriate areas: daily living skills, budgeting and money management, meal planning and preparation, shopping for groceries and other items, housekeeping, leisure time activities, appearance and personal hygiene, travel training, interpersonal and communication skills
4. Keep written documentation of each resident's progress through daily progress notes
5. Assist with the maintenance, safety and security of facility
6. Assist residents in obtaining recommended services by making referrals, coordinating services with other agencies, and helping make transportation arrangements
7. Complete other duties as assigned by the Residence Manager/Case Manager and the Administrative Coordinator
8. Perform such duties as the supervisor may assign
9. Attend/support Urban League of Rochester events and fundraising functions, specifically ULR Membership Drive and United Way Campaign.
- Associate's degree preferred, High school diploma or GED considered with equivalent experience
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Preference will be given to those with relevant education and/or experience with developmental disabilities. Knowledge of good daily living skills.
- Must have own transportation available daily and a clean driving record.
- Ability to relate to and empathize with the Urban League of Rochester clients and issues relating to clients
- Must be able to tolerate and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Competency with Microsoft Office '97, including Word and Excel
- Ability to relate well with others, a team player with a positive can do attitude
- Must be customer service oriented
- Valid NYS driver license, clean driver's abstract
- Functioning automobile
Urban League of Rochester, NY, Inc. - 20 months ago