This position will be working with patients in the 1st Steps program.
Purpose of Job
Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by expanding access to quality health and wellness services by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Counsels and aids clients and their families to understand medical recommendations and options.
- Conducts intakes and assessments of client needs. Comprehensive and on-going identification of needs such as medical, social and education. Advocates and refers clients to appropriate community resources.
- Assesses and assists with non-medical problems interfering with effective patient care under supervision. Documents progress and follows up.
- Works closely with medical providers to develop care plans for Identified Clients.
- Provides education and materials for clients in relation to general health and caring for families.
- Documents as required in patient charts as appropriate and requested.
- Participates in community outreach activities as directed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Experience: One year of health and/or social services experience required. Valid drivers license and insurance required as applicable for assigned duties.
Education: A HS diploma or equivalent required. AA Degree preferred.
Other Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Good computer skills required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Community Health Association of Spokane - 7 months ago