Duane Reade takes its name from the Company's first successful full-service drugstore, which opened in 1960 on Broadway between Duane and Reade Streets in Manhattan (Yes, we know they don’t intersect…it makes for a better picture!)
Since then, Duane Reade has grown to become the most recognized drugstore chain in metropolitan New York. Today, the Company operates over 253 stores in commercial and residential neighborhoods throughout New York.
Duane Reade's conveniently located stores carry an extensive assortment of items, including those from the pharmacy as well as vitamins, nutritional products, cosmetics, greeting cards and photo processing.
The company has ranked as the fastest-growing drugstore chain in the industry, and is number one in sales per square foot.
Summary of Position
Seeking dynamic, flexible and motivated leaders to join our team of management professionals Duane Reade offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment. We provide the tools, training and support that’s needed to be successful in a Duane Reade store; focusing on being a store that has a uniquely rewarding flare for our customers.
Our team members make the purpose come to life in our stores, distribution centers, on-site clinics, pharmacies and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Duane Reade become an industry leader and a household name.
Duane Reade has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career.
Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Interns experience life at Duane Reade in a hands-on environment like no other.
Ten weeks that could change your future!
- Our goal is to help you hone your skills at one of the best-known names in healthcare and retail.
- Our Management internship will not only give you a window into working at Duane Reade, but also the kind of real-world knowledge that you can take with you wherever you go.
Retail Management Internship
We’ve created a comprehensive, on-hand management training program that will equip you to become a Duane Reade store manager, and from there — depending on your career goals — to move into higher levels of retail management
The internship program is designed for college students to complete during the summer between their junior and senior years in school, exposes students to management skills and a full range of retail operations
- Interns will work with experienced store managers to learn about store operations, management responsibilities, merchandising, advertising, inventory, and human resources.
- By the end of your ten-week internship, you'll know just what it means to manage a Duane Reade store.
- It’s also an opportunity for us to seek exceptional students, prior to their senior year of college, to train for future management consideration.
Get paid to learn!
Desired Skills & Experience
- Minimum GPA: 2.75
- The internship is for the summer of 2013
- Interns are paid hourly
- Interns are scheduled for 40-hour work week
A career at Duane Reade offers you the potential for growth and a clear path to advancement. Our innovative spirit means every day is different opportunity to excel in a welcoming and inclusive environment. Take your first step towards a fulfilling career.
- Junior level status in a 4 year undergraduate program (May/June 2014 grads)
- GPA of 2.75 or above
- Proven student leadership
- Passionate about retail management and customer service
Duane Reade - 17 months ago
Duane Reade -- the Big Apple of drugstores -- has been swallowed by a big fish: Walgreen. Named after the two streets where its first store...