The Community Manager is an appointed administrator for clients’ corporate social media communities: Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. The Community Manager is responsible for managing, creating, and moderating brand and UGC content for clients’ social communities. They will also assist in monitoring and reporting on industry and competitive trends, campaign initiatives and community optimization.
Key Responsibilities: Community Strategy 15%
- Assist with creation, conception, and presentation of social media strategy and integrated marketing campaigns.
- Interpret the direction of strategy/planning and creative leads.
- Communicate and coordinate client service, production and strategy/planning teams ensuring that community strategy supports overall brand goals and objectives.
Management & Moderation 75%
Listening & Reporting:
- Utilize social analytics tools like Facebook Insights, Radian 6 or Simply Measured to generate insights.
- Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable, client-facing reports that lead to optimization.
- Create and maintain Content Calendars for all social communities, including writing Facebook Status Updates, Tweets and YouTube asset management.
- Work with team to create original branded content for communities.
- Post relevant content in accordance with Content Calendar.
- Review user generated comments and posts in a quick and timely manner.
- Respond to comments, when appropriate, in order to foster a positive community and add value to the user’s experience.
- Enforce the Social Media Guidelines as defined by the brand.
- Escalate User Generated Content, where appropriate, to internal and client stakeholders.
Team leadership 10%
- Participate constructively in inter-department and cross-service line communications
- Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking,commenting, etc.
- Understanding of popular and emerging social networks – design, functionality, users
- Experience with content creation and management through blogging or social communities.
- Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Photoshop and presentation tools and skills.
- Proficiency in social analytics and listening tools like Facebook Insights, Radian6 and Buzz logic.
- Exceptional communication skills within the agency team.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- 2 to 3 years of experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
- Interest or experience in beauty or fashion industry.