Weber Shandwick leads the digital change for organizations around the world. We operate one of the largest social media agency networks globally and work with some of the most iconic brands in business. Weber Shandwick’s Digital practice helps clients understand, apply and benefit from digital, social and emerging media in measurable ways. The group consists of more than 300 digital and social media specialists embedded in 34 offices around the world.
Our pioneering digital work for clients has received the highest industry honors in both marketing and public relations categories, and the firm was named a Top 4 Employer for Social Media Professionals by Mashable and a leading Digital Firm of the Year by PR News. The Digital practice has successfully created transformational, digital and social media campaigns for major multinational brands.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated community manager to operate and drive digital community engagement on behalf of major clients and consumer brand efforts. The community manager will serve as a primary day-to-day client contact in charge of content-creation for ongoing social media communications, monitoring and reporting on customer insights through both qualitative and quantitative analysis, and managing client relationships, strategy development and internal account teams.
As a global communications firm, Weber Shandwick works with clients to address a broad range of challenges across diverse geographies, product categories, and audiences. An ideal candidate will have not only deep understanding of the tools, platforms, and technologies of social media, but really be in tune with community building thru social platforms, as well as understand the broader cultural shift taking place through digital means.
What you’ll do:
- Have 3-5 years related professional experience in digital communications or online community building (or experience you believe is more relevant and compelling)
- Work well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams
- Be active and passionate about digital culture: it’s not just something you know, but an integral part of your daily life
- Be an armchair digital anthropologist – you can go into a community and quickly understand their values, needs, and social dynamics
- Be a strong hands-on, rubber-meets-road type that can organize and operate complex, multi-faceted efforts
- Be able to manage team members and project workflow
- Be able to communicate with client contacts and multiple levels, both as a reporting and strategic counsel level
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and visual communication skills are certainly a bonus
- Strong technical proficiency in social media platforms, content management and production software, and analytics tools
- Serve as key client contact around community building efforts
- Provide counsel on potential issues and opportunities
- Help education client internally on social media
- Develop and track against client scopes of work
- Manage research for insight into target communities
- Generate strategies, ideation, and tactical executions for community engagement
- Produce web content and supervise social media efforts on behalf of clients
- Identify and engage influencers in target communities
- Understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client
- Manage content, design and development resources both internal and external to help support community building effort
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/AA.M/F/D/V.
Weber Shandwick - 2 years ago
CMGRP knows public relations to the letter. Doing business as Weber Shandwick, the company is one of the world's leading public...