Founded in 1993, The Bainbridge Companies is a fully-integrated family of real estate companies engaged in the development, construction, management and acquisition of multifamily apartment communities. The Bainbridge principles have developed, redeveloped, and/or repositioned more than 50,000 multifamily homes. The firm’s full service real estate platform includes asset and property management, leasing, sales, marketing, renovation, construction, and development. Based in Wellington, Florida, we also have offices in Raleigh, North Carolina; Westport, Connecticut; Orlando and Tampa, Florida, Bethesda, Maryland and Arlington, Virginia.
Bainbridge has grown rapidly – nearly doubling in size over an 18-month period. As we continue to expand, we are looking for the brightest and most polished professionals from within the industry – and from outside the industry. If you are a passionate, fun, innovative and driven professional that fits “The9” – please apply to join our team today.
What is ‘The9?” The9 are the characteristics we seek in anyone we choose to join our team. These characteristics are based on our cultural values:
We value PASSIONATE PEOPLE who like to have fun.
We value INNOVATION.
We value CONSISTENCY & FLEXIBILITY.
We value RELATIONSHIPS built on trust, open communication, empowerment and respect.
We value the PERSONAL TOUCH, and strive to enhance the experience for those we serve.
Specially, The9 are:
Drive & Embrace Innovation
Presence – Polish in appearance, communication & interaction
Do you fit? If you fit these values and characteristics, we invite you to read more to learn about the career opportunities open at The Bainbridge Companies.
***THIS IS YOUR CHANCE to join an exciting, growing and industry-leading property management company. Bainbridge is holding a ONE-DAY CAREER FAIR ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd. Due to our growth, we need to quickly fill approximately 25 new onsite positions. All candidates will need to be available to meet with our team that day. The event will be near the Orlando airport. Interviews will start at 11am. Details to follow about the specific location.***
Now this is where it gets a bit boring, so we apologize now. The bullet lists of responsibilities, duties, required experience and all of that stuff. While important, it may be a dull read, but the career opportunity itself is anything but dull. That we promise.
First, we are hiring for ALL onsite positions - including Community Managers, Assistant Managers, Leasing Professionals, Maintenance Technicians and Maintenance Supervisors. Now, more about the Community Manager position.
As a Community Manager, you’ll put your outstanding leadership and savvy business skills to work at one of the most respected apartment companies in a management opportunity that offers real leadership, innovation and support.
Our Community Managers are the cornerstone of our team. They’re responsible for keeping our communities in the top-notch condition our residents have come to expect, building motivated and trustworthy teams who consistently deliver a notably higher level of service and maximizing the operating performance of our community. Be ready to be busy!
This challenging position includes:
- Operations. Ensuring the smooth running of our community in a fast-paced environment. Overseeing all operations including maintenance, capital improvements, lease administration, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, collections, evictions, vacancy anticipation, marketing, lease renewals, service contracts, expense control, audits, etc.
- Customer service. Providing superior customer service and communication to our residents and prospects to enhance customer satisfaction and increase renewals, revenue, reputation and profitability.
- People development. Developing, mentoring, leading, and managing a high-performing, cohesive team, including leasing, customer service, maintenance and management personnel, in order to maximize their engagement and minimize turnover.
- Marketing. Driving revenues with your thorough understanding and analysis of competition and development of creative marketing programs.
- Leading by example. Instilling, maintaining and modeling the values and characteristics that define Bainbridge’s culture.
- Supervise day-to-day operations of entire on-site team, ensuring that all Bainbridge policies and procedures are being followed
- Maintain that all on-site personnel are current with all Bainbridge required training
- Coordinate scheduling and time-off
- Maintain effective on-site staff through interviewing, hiring, and terminating as necessary
- Appraise staff annually as directed by Bainbridge Properties corporate office
- Maintain a positive living environment for community residents through prompt conflict resolution and consistent follow-up
- Manage and maintain all aspects of overall community budget and finances
- Annual forecasting of NOI and coordinating appropriate annual operating budget
- Ensuring community expenses are paid for appropriately and within budget guidelines
- Determine and coordinate all necessary capital projects within budget guidelines
- Monthly reporting of accounts payable and monthly accruals
- Work with leasing Team Members to ensure that leasing/marketing goals are being met:
- Stay informed of all current applicable market conditions
- Utilize appropriate marketing resources and coordinate with applicable vendors
- Maintain high occupancy through effective motivation and community-specific training of leasing/marketing staff
- Ensure collection of accurate demographics and contact info for all community residents to aid in development of effective marketing techniques
- Oversee Service Supervisor and team in maintaining and improving value of community assets
- Maintain positive relations with all community vendors
- Provide vendors with applicable service expectations
- Obtain and approve bids for vendor-aided community projects ensuring coverage of necessary scope of work
- Coordinate special projects as requested by Regional Manager
Personal Competencies Beyond "The9"
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic thinking skills
- Supervisory experience
- Warm, friendly and service-oriented philosophy
- High-energy – this is a busy and hands-on job!
- Ability to train, develop, lead and mentor
- Extremely computer literate
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Able to multitask
- Financials experience/experience working with a budget
- A competitive spirit
- Physical requirements are minimal
- Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to work at a desk in front of a computer for extended periods of time
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Desired Work Experience
- 3+ years of property management experience, including on-site experience
- Experience in supervisory role with 200+ unit community and 5+ employee staff
- Experience in writing and maintaining budgets
- Proficient in RealPage property management software
- General office, bookkeeping and sales skills
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office
- Proficiency with email and Internet platforms
The Benefits of Being on the Bainbridge Team
- Great benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Ongoing training
- Rent discounts
- Steady, stable full-time work with an established and well-respected apartment company
- A great group of people working together in a real team atmosphere
Bainbridge Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based on the satisfactory outcome of a criminal background check and drug screening.