Education/Training: A high school diploma or equivalent with an emphasis in accounting or business curriculum; college degree preferred; obtain and maintain appropriate Bank Product Knowledge Certification.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations, communicative, and sales skills; demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to manage a staff of less than five (5) employees and/or branch asset size of $15 million or less; working knowledge of consumer lending; a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services; a working knowledge of bank operating policies and procedures; visual and auditory skills; valid driver's license.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years' related experience normally required.
Responsible for managing the Community Office in order to meet the financial services needs of customers in the assigned community market area; implementing strategies to achieve goals developed for the office as part of the Retail Banking Division's annual operating plan; ensuring the office's compliance with operating policies and procedures and outside regulatory requirements; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel; providing periodic reports; performing all of the duties of a Customer Service Officer.
1. Manages the Community Office in order to meet the financial services needs of customers in the assigned community market area as follows:
a. Works with management in establishing growth, sales, and profit objectives for the office; provides input to these objectives and to the manner in which performance will be measured and controlled.
b. Ensures that the community office is properly staffed and that the staff is trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives.
c. Makes certain that all office operations are performed in accordance with established bank policies and procedures, either directly or through appropriate supervisor, e.g., office balancing, control of vault cash, etc.
d. Provides for the proper security, maintenance, and cleanliness of the office; supervises the opening and closing of the building and vault; makes necessary provisions for the securing and accounting of negotiable papers.
e. In consultation with the sales staff, establishes specific sales and customer service goals for each sales representative.
f. Makes certain that all customer service personnel are adequately trained both with respect to product knowledge and selling techniques.
g. Ensures that all sales and customer service reporting information is provided on a timely basis.
h. Conducts regularly scheduled (at least monthly) sales and customer service meetings.
i. Serves as an active member of the office customer service team by performing all of the duties of a Customer Service Officer and, as such, is held accountable for sales performance. (See Customer Service Officer Job Description.)
j. Makes "outside" sales and customer service calls on present and prospective customers within the office's market area.
k. Actively participates in the community in a manner that reflects favorably on the Bank.
l. Becomes actively involved in targeted community activities and organizations.
2. Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the office as established in the Retail Banking Division's annual operating plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the office and adheres to budget parameters.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA); Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same.
5. Directly supervises assigned personnel as follows:
a. Assists in the selection of new personnel as appropriate.
b. Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel.
c. Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on a regularly scheduled basis thereafter.
d. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel.
e. Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the office and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
f. Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by bank policy.
6. Communicates with the Market President, other office managers, and appropriate staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
7. Provides periodic reports to the Market President and other groups as required throughout the Bank.
8. Participates as an active member of Team Sales group by attending and participating in the monthly sales meetings.
9. Proactively identifies fee income opportunities by referring across all lines of business such as Trust, Brokerage, Mortgage, Commercial, and Insurance in order to meet assigned fee production goals.
1. Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
Various locations as assigned
3. PC/Computer keyboard
5. Fax machine
6. Copy machine
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
First United Bank and Trust - 19 months ago