A professional referral source is a person, practice group, or organization that is in a position to come in contact with anyone who has a need for senior living services and could refer them to A Place for Mom.
The Community Relations Advisor is responsible for creating and executing a plan for developing and growing APFM’s professional referral partner relationships and nurturing and delighting existing professional referral partner relationships to support revenue objectives for APFM. The ability to exercise sound discretion and independent judgment in performing all responsibilities is a must.
Key responsibilities include:
Required Skills and Competencies
- Use independent judgment and experience to create and document a unique market plan and strategy to cultivate and increase new professional referral partners and nurture existing partners in a target market. Review this plan with senior management on a quarterly basis and provide feedback and recommendations on execution strategy.
- Implement and execute on the approved market plan, including prioritizing which potential referral sources to approach and how/when to do so, and aligning appropriate APFM resources to support the plan. Advise other functional teams on issues and requirements of the target market and the market plan.
- Build trusting, long-term relationships with professionals to encourage direct referrals by successfully developing the reputation and presence of APFM in the market and educating professionals on APFM’s value, process, and best practices.
- Conduct frequent partner communications and visits to provide information and answer questions, improve the results of our partnership, improve ongoing relationships and support the generation of professional referrals.
- Manage and nurture relationships with professionals to be the “go to” source of information and resources.
- Pipeline management: manage lead pipeline on daily basis and accurately record in CRM to ensure up-to-date family information and status. Maintain accurate market projections.
- Other duties as required.
- This is role will require a minimum of 60% local and regional travel to meet with partner communities and professionals. This is a full-time position, regular evenings and weekends may be required.
- 3+ years business development or relationship sales or service experience in a quota or metrics driven environment: demonstrated history of success in business development and support role, with a focus on healthcare or senior services preferred.
- Proven ability to develop, establish, nurture, maintain, and foster positive, quality working relationships with a large number of professional referral sources.
- Strong networking skills.
- Experience presenting to prospects.
- Ability to deliver results in while working in a highly independent environment.
- Ability to use tact, initiative, and exercise sound discretion and make sound independent decisions, within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines
- Ability to take appropriate action when complaints/problems arise.
- Ability to independently organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines
- Ability to understand, explain, and apply applicable laws, codes, regulations, and standards.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Prepare clear and concise plans and other written materials.
- Maintain accurate records and files of work performed.
- Strong computer skills necessary, including Word and Excel.
- Strong typing skills.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration, visa sponsorship not available.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
A Place for Mom - 16 months ago
As the nation's largest senior living referralservice, A Place for Mom, Inc. (APFM) is a high growth, fast paced company focused on helping...