On any given day, Sutter Care at Home touches the lives of thousands of individuals by bringing health care directly to patients where they live - at home.
From local, community-based offices throughout
, the dedicated staff at Sutter Care at Home cares for more than 50,000 patients each year and serves an average daily census of over 18,000 patients.
We provide the most comprehensive range of home care services including skilled nursing, rehabilitation therapy, home infusion therapy, hospice and palliative care, medical social work, home medical equipment and respiratory therapy, home attendant and care management, and community flu and wellness programs.
Through competitive wages and benefits, flexible schedules, innovative care models, new technologies, and tuition reimbursement - Sutter Care at Home strives to be your "employer of choice."
Sutter Care at Home is the home health care and hospice affiliate of Sutter Health, one of the nation's largest not-for-profit health care systems.
To positively promote Sutter Care at Home (SCAH) as the hospice provider of choice within the community with a primary focus/responsibility to increase the lengths of stay and the volume of patient referrals into SCAH hospice programs. To market SCAH as the hospice agency of choice to current and potential referral sources such as physicians, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, board and care facilities, community groups providing support to the chronically ill and elderly and comparable referral sources/payers. To serve as a resource both internally and externally by supporting the mission and vision of the organization, particularly as it applies to palliative and end of life care.
This position acts as a primary liaison between current and potential hospice referral sources, patient/clients and SCAH. Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to marketing of the SCAH hospice programs to current and potential referral sources; developing working relationships with and increasing the number of referral sources for the SCAH hospice programs; meeting regularly with Sutter affiliated hospital case managers, SCAH home care coordinators, physicians & physician groups, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and targeted community organizations to educate about and promote SCAH hospice services; meeting directly with potential hospice patients/clients to facilitate their entry into the hospice program; and working closely with the Sutter Care at Home Foundation as it relates to hospice programs. Facilitates prompt and easy access for referral sources and patient/clients into the SCAH hospice programs. Position requires frequent automobile travel within designated geographical areas. Other related tasks and projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
• Minimum three years experience in business development/marketing, preferably in healthcare
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and willingness to travel.
• Customer service oriented and skilled in customer conflict resolution techniques.
• Excellent written and communication skills. Able to organize thoughts and present them clearly, verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrated skills with group and individual presentations.
• Ability to respond productively, non-defensively, to complaints.
• Proficient with computers using Word and other basic business programs for general business use, including the preparation of marketing related materials and presentations.
• Flexible, able to respond to rapidly changing situations and needs of current and potential hospice clients.
• Able to communicate effectively with people of varied cultural backgrounds and lifestyle choices.
• Demonstrated ability to discuss end-of-life issues comfortably and articulately.
• Proven success in marketing/development of referral sources and clients.
• Proven ability at establishing relationships with referral sources, with experience in healthcare related marketing/development helpful.
• Experience with successful development and implementation of marketing plans.
• Experienced in diverse marketing settings, and proven ability to handle changing situations.
California-San Francisco South Bay/Santa Cruz-San Mateo
Sutter Care at Home
All Candidate Applications Accepted
8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled
Shift Start Time
Shift End Time
Hours Per 2wk Pay Period
Sutter Health - 14 months ago
Whether you drink too much in Wine Country, hit some rough waters off the Marin Headlands, or trip during a hike through the redwood...