Community Relations Specialist - Clark at Home SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for business development for both Clark at Home Health Services and Personal Services. Promotes a positive image of Clark at Home in both the health care community and the community-at-large. Provides timely and accurate information to the appropriate Clark at Home team members regarding new referrals and admission to ensure a smooth start to Clark at Home services. Communicates effectively with internal and external customers and provides effective follow up.
1. Develops, implements, and executes the Clark at Home Strategic Marketing Plan each quarter and submits this to the Director of Sales, Marketing, and Admissions and the Director of Clark at Home.
2. Is engaged in a minimum of 80% outside sales and lead generation.
3. Communicates effectively to the Director of Sales, Marketing, and Admissions and the Director of Clark at Home on their sales and lead generation efforts, next steps, and results.
4. Cultivates referrals/inquiries through business development tactics.
5. Completes face to face visits with new Clark at Home customers, families, and referral sources to provide both assessment of the customers needs and education on what they can expect from Clark at Home.
6. Obtains information and approvals required from a clinical and financial perspective consistent with Clark at Home's admission process.
7. Coordinates the pre-admission process with the Clark at Home team to ensure a smooth transition.
8. Initiates and maintains referral-source relationships.
9. Responds immediately to inquiries and referrals.
10. Conducts analysis of the marketplace on a continual basis.
11. Assists with additional marketing needs as they arise (mailings, advertising, campaigns, events, etc.).
12. Effectively tracks leads, referrals, admissions, and marketing efforts utilizing the method required by Director of Sales, Marketing, and Admissions.
13. Participates, as needed, in Clark at Home staff meetings and education.
14. Informs Director of Clark at Home and Director of Sales, Marketing, and Admissions of all referral issues, market changes, and challenges to business development.
15. Ensures there is an effective back up system when away from the role and trains the individuals responsible for covering the responsibilities.
16. Acts as the back up person for Clark Retirement Communities Clinical Liaison and completes the functions of this role when needed.
17. Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and acts in accordance with Clark Retirement Communities policies and procedures.
18. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
19. Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement committees, and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
20. Works overtime, holiday, and weekend hours as scheduled.
21. Follows community dress and hygiene policies.
1. Performs other duties as directed by Clark Leadership Team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILTIES
1. Education and experience sufficient to meet position requirements. Nurse (RN or LPN) or Social Work degree preferred.
2. Ability to make outside sales calls.
3. Ability to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with new customers, families, community members, volunteers, and other community staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with the elderly.
4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
5. Possesses a valid driver's license and has access to a vehicle.
6. Meets all health requirements, as required by law.
7. Sales and marketing experience, preferably in a health care setting.
Location - Clark at Home
Voted the best Retirement Community in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 2012 by Grand Rapids Magazine. There are several retirement communities...