SoundHound delights millions of users every day with its famously fast music and voice recognition apps, and is winning awards and praise along the way. Our flagship app for iPhone and Android recently won the most competitive category in Billboard's inaugural Music App Awards, and achieved top-ten honors from the New York Times, becoming the only music app to do so.
At SoundHound you'll be joining a diverse, world-class group of engineers, scientists, designers, and marketers on a team that includes both recent grads and seasoned veterans. Our strongest academic ties are with Stanford, and prior industry stops for our team members include Google, Amazon, Oracle, and Sony.
We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and regular happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and even occasional visits from recording artists (recently including Justin Nozuka, Two Door Cinema Club, and MC Hammer). SoundHound is an equal opportunity employer.
product teams about what our users are saying
- Serve as point of contact for requests from users, and provide awesome email support
- Identify and analyze patterns and trends in user requests and regularly enlighten
coordination of foreign language translations
- Monitor and analyze Facebook posts, tweets, and reviews about SoundHound
- Assist in logistics for contests and special events
- Administrative tasks including license management, contract maintenance, and
- For candidates with strong music and writing backgrounds: author blog posts
Nice to haves:
- B.S. or B.A. in a relevant field (e.g. Communications)
- Excellent written communication skills including impeccable standard written English
- Experience with social networks (Can you win at Facebook?)
- Strong familiarity with mobile devices (Android, iOS, etc) and mobile apps
- Ability to balance multiple high priority projects, working independently or with others
- Experience organizing medium to large events (Yes, your big house parties count, but only if they were awesome)
How to Apply:
- Fluency in additional languages (Spanish, German, Italian, Mandarin, etc)
- Experience writing (well!) about music
- Prior experience as a power-user of SoundHound products
- Passion for music and music-related technologies
- Apply via our careers website: http://soundhound.jobscore.com/job_seeker/jobs/job_posting?job_id=dTOFNu...
- Impress us with a thoughtful cover letter telling us why you belong at SoundHound. Be sure to emphasize how you rock the job requirements.
- Send us your resume.
- Download and use the SoundHound app for iPhone or Android. We'll talk to you about the experience as a part of the interview process.