The Community Work Incentives Coordinator (CWIC) is responsible for promoting the mission of Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota (G/ESM). This includes providing work incentives planning, assistance and outreach services to Social Security beneficiaries with disabilities who want to work. The goal is to assist people with disabilities to successfully enter the workforce and increase their self-sufficiency by providing clear, accurate and credible information about the impact of work on benefits; providing access to work incentives; providing referrals to other supports such as employment networks and the state vocational rehabilitation program; and assisting with problems related to benefits that may arise as the individual begins working. Responsibilities also include case reporting and recording in a manner that will meet and/or exceed all standards established by SSA, CARF, The Rehabilitation Accreditation Commission, HIPAA, the State of Minnesota and Goodwill/Easter Seals Minnesota. The CWIC will function within internal and external teams to deliver seamless services to the participant and to ensure that positive relationships are maintained resulting in the optimum outcome for participants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, Social Work, or other related Human Services field and two years of relevant experience.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE:
- Associate’s Degree in related Human Services field and three years relevant experience.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals with varying backgrounds, including individuals with disabilities.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situation and before groups of employees.
- Proven presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Strong creative orientation, writing ability and visual graphics ability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to develop training curriculum.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Active involvement with professional organizations
- Relevant Training Certifications or Specializations
- Knowledge of Employment and Training services/resources
Goodwill - Easter Seals Minnesota - 17 months ago