Assists with development, implementation, and administration of regional and national compensation and benefit policies and programs. Conducts job analysis, evaluation, and documentation. Ensures jobs are appropriately classified and evaluation methodology and criteria consistently and objectively applied. Conducts market analysis, internal equity studies, and compensation and benefits practices audits. Develops and provides communications and training programs. Serves as resource to staff in areas of orientation and training, technical knowledge and skills development, and issues/problem-resolution. Provides consultation, information, and advice to Managers, Supervisors, and staff as requested.
• Assists with development, implementation and administration of regional and national compensation and benefit policies and programs. Participates in the development of training modules and delivery systems to provide the HRSC and other HR Professionals with procedural guidance and administrative tools.
• Ensures jobs are appropriately classified and evaluation methodology and criteria consistently and objectively applied.
• Participates in market analysis; recommends and implements appropriate action.
• Conducts internal equity studies and compensation and benefits practices audits. Participates in making recommendations and implementation of appropriate actions.
• Participates in implementation of compensation and benefits programs.
• Helps to analyzes compensation and benefits programs' utilization, trends, etc. to assist in rate negotiations with vendors, to support the labor negotiations process, and benefit plan design work in the Region.
• Assists in the resolution of benefits disputes through analysis of situation, development of options, and, as required, negotiates resolutions with employees.
• Provides consultation, information, and advice to leadership and staff as requested.
• Serves as resource to staff in areas of orientation and training, technical knowledge, skills development, and issues/problem-resolution.
• Serves as resource on related Federal and State laws, organizational principles, policies, practices, and methodologies.
• Assists in monitoring compensation and benefits administration to maintain consistency in application, minimize potential liability, and ensure compliance with federal and state legislation.
• Assists in evaluating the impact of local benefits related legislation on the Region. Supports compilation of necessary documentation for qualified plans' IRS and ERISA-mandated submissions and employee communications, including but not limited to Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) and Summary of Material Modifications (SMMs).
• Two years of human resources administration experience with a broad exposure to compensation, employee benefits design, compliance, and plan administration.
• Bachelor's Degree in business administration, human resources management, or related field.
• Thorough knowledge and application of benefit related regulations, theories, policies, practices and systems, plus working knowledge of other related HR fields.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, conflict resolution, creativity/innovation, decision making, customer service, group presentations, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, problem solving, project management, quality management, results orientation, systems thinking, teamwork, written communication, group process facilitation, consulting, team building, mentoring, and coaching.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in word processing, multimedia presentations, spreadsheet, and database PC applications.
• Health care experience.
• Master's Degree in business administration, human resources management, or related field.
• Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) by WorldatWork or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) by International Foundation.
Kaiser Permanente - 18 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...