Forest Laboratories, Inc. (FLI)
is an innovative, growth-oriented prescription pharmaceutical company focused on developing top-quality therapies that help people lead healthier, more fulfilling lives. We take pride in meeting our business objectives and expanding our product franchises, but we also derive satisfaction in helping to bring relief to people who are suffering. Our products treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia, and we keep a focused eye on the future with a robust pipeline of compounds at virtually every stage of development. With headquarters in New York City and operations in New Jersey, Long Island, Missouri, Ohio, California, Ireland and the U.K, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
We are seeking a
Compensation Analyst/Senior Analyst
to work in our Human Resources department located in New York, NY. This position
will serve as a compensation consultant to Managers, Executives and HR Business Partners providing on-going support and service to clients on all compensation related matters. This position will report to the Manager, Compensation.
Main areas of responsibility:
- Compensation consultant for assigned client groups. Advise managers on compensation data and decisions including salary offers for new hires, promotions, and transfers utilizing both internal and external equity data.
- Internal resource to HR Business Partners by providing broad-based compensation and policy guidance. Provide accurate, relevant and timely information concerning interpretation of compensation-related best practices and guidelines.
- Participate in compensation surveys and analyze results. Review market data on an annual basis to determine market movements. Review employee salary position relative to new market data and formulate recommendations. Gain understanding of internal and external factors to explain anomalies and trends. Partner with HR and/or managers as necessary.
- Monitor the competitiveness of compensation programs through surveys, benchmarking and networking. Analyze market data and use to make recommendations regarding compensation packages, policies and programs. Assist in the evaluation of current compensation programs and make recommendations for improvements.
- Conduct market analysis studies for assigned functional areas; analyze market trends, and develop recommendations and action plans designed to attract, retain and reward employees.
- Participate in the annual compensation planning process of merit increases, short-term incentive, and long-term incentive programs for specific client groups. Coordinate processing of compensation recommendations, including analyzing trends, ensuring overall consistency, providing guidance to managers, and researching outliers.
- Work with HR Business Partners and Managers to ensure accurate job descriptions are in place throughout the organization. May assist managers in the development of job descriptions.
- Conduct job evaluation to determine appropriate classification level and salary grade according to compensation guidelines and policy. Partner with manager and/or HR Business Partners within the job evaluation process to gain a better understanding of role and ensure appropriate benchmarking is utilized in market pricing. Conduct job evaluations in compliance with FLSA guidelines and EE0 standards. Ensure proper assignment of job characteristics in the HRIS and audits for consistency.
- Assist with processing equity recommendations and audits.
- Participates in technical projects for development and system enhancements.
- Participate in the development of tools to assist managers in understanding the compensation philosophies of the organization and to guide managers through compensation decisions. Provides training to HR and managers on new programs and procedures.
- Prepares standard and ad-hoc analytical reports on compensation. Identifies and researches trends and prepares projections.
Minimum Qualifications to be considered for this position:
Ideally candidates will also have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources with a strong quantitative and analytical focus required.
- 3 years of experience in Compensation.
- Strong computer skills and high proficiency in Excel.
- Strong communication, analytical skills and organizational skills with the ability to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new programs, and to coordinate projects and meet deadlines.
- High sense of integrity and the ability to work with confidential data.
- Master’s degree and CCP certification.
- Previous experience working with SAP or a similar system preferred.
- Access database knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of compensation policies and practices, as well as federal and stage wage and hour regulations.
- Ability to manage to deadlines and multiple priorities work under pressure and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish critical work assignments.
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...