PLEASE NOTE: This is a temp project non-staff position with an estimated duration of 9 months (April 2013 – December 2013), unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
Assist in all functions of Dew Tour Competitions including Athlete Relations, Live Event Production, Scoring/Judging/Timing, and Television Production. Acting as main liaison between athletes/industry heads & The Dew Tour.
- Assist with development on all competition related manuals and books including: competition guidelines, Tour rule book and registration packet
- Coordinate travel and accommodations for sport organizers, LEP, competition staff and medical staff
- Manage on-site start lists/results process. Work with scoring and timing and sport organizers to verify and distribute all start lists and results
- Assist with on-site Free Flow Tour finals with Free Flow Tour Manager.
- Report any significant story lines – athlete details.
- Day-to-day contact with all athletes, team managers, and agents.
- Competitions support as needed on ancillary events.
- Develop & maintain athlete registration website and process
- Develop and oversee the execution of athlete registration plan both pre and during the event
- Recruit, train, and manage all Athlete Registration Staff.
- Develop, update and maintain databases for athletes, team managers, agents, industry contacts and competitions staff
- Track all necessary forms and information from the invited athletes.
- Facilitate communication with the athletes. Execute day-to- day contact with all athletes, team managers and agents
- Report all athlete injuries, send weekly updates.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sports Management, Communications, Hospitality or related field
At least one (1) year related experience.
Strong organizational skills
Proven written and oral communication skills
Must be willing to work in Burr Ridge, IL (Near Chicago, IL)
Must be willing to travel to on-site event locations, as needed (approximately 10% of time, max.)
Willing to take on any task large or small
Time management skills to coordinate working in and out of office, handling short deadlines and completing all tasks in a thorough manner
Demonstrated ability to be flexible, think and respond quickly while maintaining attention to detail
Must be capable of working within a team environment
Experience working Live Events
An interest and passion for the sports entertainment industry
Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 18 months ago