The Competitive Intelligence Manager (“CIM”) participates actively in supporting Genentech's US commercial planning efforts by providing objective, in-depth information about current and future markets and competitive forces. The CIM acts as a strategic advisor to the US commercial teams with deep expertise in current and future competitive drivers in the marketplace as well as functional expertise in how to use CI to develop competitive strategies.|
- Provide an objective commercial viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of commercial, clinical, and scientific competitive information. Make recommendations on brand strategy that prepare the brand for a competitive marketplace.
- Liaise with global CI counterparts to ensure up-to-date competitive intelligence and assumptions are shared with all appropriate US teams (includes congresses, news flashes, pipeline updates, therapeutic area landscape reviews)
- Collaborate with brand to plan for competitor launches by co-planning local strategy wargames and supporting rigorous competitive readiness plans.
- Lead competitive threat assessments to develop rigorous team assumptions about key competitors; ensure local assumptions are consistent with global assumptions.
- Provide situational analysis support for quarterly business reviews, brand planning, launch readiness reviews, etc.
- Field intelligence facilitation, including managed care teams
- Work on innovative programs to increase the value of competitive intelligence processes and practice, and analyze the success of these programs. Liase across the broader Market Analysis & Strategy organization to deliver holistic analytic insights to the brands. Inform, communicate, and collaborate with MA&S partners.
Who you are
- Undergraduate or graduate work in life sciences required; advanced degree in business or science preferred.
- Three to five years experience in the healthcare industry preferably in biopharma (commercial or clinical) and/or management consulting. Exposure to pharmaceutical product development and relevant therapeutic area expertise is a plus.
- Competitive intelligence experience is a plus, but not required.
- Demonstrated competency conducting research, distilling down vast amounts of data into concise summaries focused on the key implications for customers and strategy.
- Experience managing outside vendors and a budget is a plus.
- Persuasive written and verbal communications
- Analytical thinking skills
- Demonstrated experience acting as strategic thought partner to teams
- Experience working in a highly matrixed environment and standing out as a successful collaborator
CareersInPharmaceutical.com - 2 years ago
Working Here is Living a Life Inspired
We exist to make a difference to the lives of patients. They inspire us to develop groundbreaking...