The incumbent of this position will work directly with the team to support the activities of the U.S. Distributor Compliance Licensing and Registration Department. This position will primarily support Invesco’s registered broker-dealers.
Duties during the internship could include:
• Provides administrative support, such as organizing meetings, taking meeting minutes, filing, copying, scheduling other activities and processing expense reports for Compliance management
• Supports the licensing and registration activities for the various registered entities
• Assists the Senior Compliance Manager in establishing and documenting compliance related policies and procedures pertaining to membership and registration requirements
• Implements and conducts various monitoring and testing to ensure to regulatory and internal requirements
• Assists in maintaining the department’s intranet site
• Provides back up and support to the other U.S. Distributor Compliance team members
ONLY COLLEGE STUDENTS ENROLLED FULL-TIME WILL BE CONSIDERED.
• Business majors preferred but will consider other majors as well
• Ideal candidates will have an interest in securities laws, banking laws and the regulatory environment
• This position calls for someone with great attention to detail and able to execute independent judgment
• Must have intermediate computer skills including Excel, MS Word, SharePoint and PowerPoint (preferred)
• Must be available for full-time (37.5 hours per week) employment for duration of internship
• Must have completed at least two full years of college and be currently enrolled full-time
• Must have cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Resourceful in gathering key information
• Ability to work well in a team environment, as well as to handle multiple concurrent assignments, work independently, and assume personal responsibility for deliverables
• Self-directed and well organized; must be able to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to adhere to deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Must also have the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail
As one of the largest independent global investment managers, Invesco Ltd. is dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their...