Due to growth, HCC Specialty (HCCS) ( www.hccspecialty.com ) has an immediate opening for an Entry Level Compliance Licensing Assistant to join our compliance department. This position will be based out of the Wakefield, MA office of HCC Specialty. HCCS is a division of HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. ("HCC Insurance"), comprised of HCC Specialty Underwriters, Inc. (HCCSU) Professional Indemnity Agency, Inc. (PIA) and HCC Public Risk.
HCCS underwrites a unique portfolio of specialty and niche products. These include: disability insurance for professional athletes and entertainers, kidnap & ransom, event cancellation for major sporting and entertainment events, earthquake insurance, special event liability, weather insurance, prize indemnity insurance, product recall insurance, various professional liability classes (including but not limited to employment practice liability and architects & engineers), various niche programs including public risk and lumber and wood products.
Hours for this position will be 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. M-F. This is a fast-paced, high transaction volume position with tight deadlines. This position reports to the Vice President of Compliance.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain departmental files and related documents including creating files, updating files, selecting files for departmental personnel, preparing files for storage, purging old files and maintaining file logs. Files include both physical and electronic format.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing correspondence in relation to the agent files, including maintaining inactive and current agent files, setting up new agent files and periodic agent file audit.
- Work with the Underwriters and Underwriting Assistants, providing current agent license and appointment information, setting up files, performing data entry, scanning documents, preparing policies for distribution and assembling product information materials.
- Perform incoming and outgoing mail and fax (physical and electronic) distribution.
- May perform relief work within department or for other departments, as needed.
- Perform other general clerical duties such as copying, faxing, filing, scanning and answering phones.
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Up to 2 years of relevant and progressive experience in insurance underwriting or related administrative/clerical work
If your experience matches these requirements, please send your resume WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY REQUIREMENTS to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put in the subject line “Compliance Licensing Assistant” .
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Able to prioritize multiple responsibilities and thoroughly complete assigned tasks within tight deadlines
- Must possess strong PC skills including MS Office and Internet applications
- Must be detail and results-oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as needed
- Maintenance of good attendance is a condition of employment and an essential function of the job
Any offer of employment will be contingent upon positive criminal background and credit checks.
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers.
For more information regarding our company, please visit www.hcch.com .
Monster - 20 months ago