Manhattan College, seeks to fill a position of Compliance Officer and Chemistry Staff Technician, beginning in January 2013.
- Ensure that any chemical waste, hazardous and universal, generated on campus is being stored and handled in the proper manner as specified by the 40 CFR..
- Conduct weekly inspections of all areas where the waste is stored to ensure compliance.
- Schedule and oversee the disposal of the waste generated on campus done by an outside chemical waste disposal company.
- Ensure that all employees are given the correct training for handling any waste.
- Submit annual reports to the Department of Environmental Conservation , Department of Environmental Protection and Environmental Protection Agency .
- Oversee any inspections or audits given by the Department of Environmental Conservation , Department of Environmental Protection and Environmental Protection Agency .
A Bachelor’s degree in chemistry is required, but a master’s degree in chemistry or a related field would be preferred. Knowledge of the federal regulations related to controlled substances would be a great advantage.
- Prepare reagents for all intermediate and advanced chemistry laboratories.
- Distribute equipment to students in the above laboratories.
- Order and stock chemicals and glassware.
- Maintain chemistry stockroom and laboratories in compliance with safety regulations.
Please submit a resumé, a statement of professional experience and future expectations, and a list of at least three people that are willing to serve as professional references. All applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
, We will begin reviewing applications upon receipt and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Manhattan College - 15 months ago