BarkerGilmore is seeking a compliance officer with significant experience supporting life insurance companies – including maintaining and developing compliance processes and procedures in support of primary business operations, monitoring and advising compliance performance and processes of third party administrators (TPAs), and being responsible for compliance functions for the company and third-party administered business.
• Position will focus on all aspects of compliance support for our client’s primary life operations.
• Monitors new laws and regulations, provides analyses of applicability to group business operations and informs operational departments of new or changed requirements.
• Maintains enterprise-wide compliance calendar to track regulatory and process compliance deadlines and performance.
• Reviews and approves all insurance advertising and consumer or customer forms and maintains approval files.
• Reviews and advises on operating guidelines for all TPAs.
• Consults with TPAs compliance teams regarding compliance matters arising with regard to administered business.
• Serves as Special Investigative Unit for the investigation of fraud or agent misconduct.
• Coordinates responses for regulatory examinations.
• Prepares or supervises routine non-financial regulatory filings.
• Law degree from an accredited law school and prefer meaningful insurance compliance experience or at least 5 years experience in insurance compliance at a managerial level.
• Strong background in support of a broad range of compliance support for life insurance operations, including life insurance product development and related regulatory filings.
• Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must be willing to take on leadership role and have demonstrated relationship-building skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Ability to handle demanding deadlines.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, unstructured environment.
Leopard Solutions - 8 months ago