Strong. Stable. Local. Personal.
Compliance Specialist II (#14247)
Corporate Office - South Bend, IN
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana, southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source has approximately $4.5 billion in assets and operates more than 75 banking centers in 17 counties, seven Trust and Wealth Management locations and seven 1st Source Insurance offices as well as over twenty 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, both individuals and businesses. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
Come work for an organization that consistently receives awards as the Favorite Bank in the area – whether it’s in Indiana or Southwestern Michigan; Five-Star ratings from Bauer Financial, the best rating possible for our strong financial foundation; over 20 years of consecutive dividend growth for our shareholders; and routinely lists in the Top 150 Performers of banks nationwide by Bank Director Magazine based on profitability, asset quality and capital adequacy. 1st Source has also been recognized for our strong workplace environment that values its employees and our positive work culture that includes respect, communication, opportunity and being part of a team.
We base employment on an individual's experience, skills, talents and perspectives. We value our colleagues and treat each with honesty, dignity and respect. We are committed to creating a diverse and talented team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers.
Assists in the coordination and support of compliance audits and examinations
- Assists the Sr. Compliance Specialist in conducting regulatory compliance audits and with the preparation of audit reports to management that provide audit results and any required remedial action
- Assists with the business unit self-testing compliance monitoring program
- Communicates with departments as needed to provide responses to compliance inquiries as they relate to the various federal and state banking regulations
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements
- Minimum of three (3) year’s experience or equivalent experience in a related field
- Bachelors’ Degree preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines and work with no supervision; manages time for high productivity and allocates resources to match production needs
- Highly motivated with the ability to be proactive, take initiative, and carefully monitor, follow through, and complete every project/responsibility in a professional and timely fashion
- Requires proficiency with PC utilization and software
- Requires strong written and verbal communications skills
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Word and Excel essential
Legal/Compliance Department, South Bend, IN
FT - Exempt
Relevant Years of Experience
Minimum 3 years