St. Louis College of Pharmacy is seeking candidates for a full-time computer support technician position. This position provides computer and audio visual technical support and equipment maintenance in a professional, accurate and timely manner. Focuses on high levels of service, quality responses, documentation, and expert troubleshooting techniques dealing with end users, IT Staff, and various departments within the College. Duties include troubleshooting, set up, and testing of computer and A/V equipment, installing and maintaining computer hardware and software in a Windows 7 environment, with the primary business application suite consisting of Microsoft Office products and Microsoft Exchange e-mail. This position requires some late and irregular hours; need reliable transportation.
- Perform maintenance, repair, and proper software operation of college owned computers. Maintain and support campus media equipment. Create detailed documentation of repairs and support following established policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support for classrooms and College related special events requiring A/V equipment.
- Provide set up and training of faculty, staff and students receiving hardware & software. Answer faculty/staff questions on software capabilities and use.
- Maintain Information Technology service standards while resolving problems to ensure consistency and supportability of the computing environment. Maintain checklists and instructions for all available A/V equipment, i.e. classroom technology, video projectors, audio equipment, checkout notebook computers, etc.
- Perform on-call duties as required by providing timely response and appropriate support.
- An associate’s degree in Information Systems or other related subject. Comp TIA A+ certification required within 90 days of hire. Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification a plus.
- A minimum of two years related technical experience with laptops, desktops, printers and peripherals in a Microsoft Office and Windows environment, preferably in a high pressure service environment. Workplace experience executing component replacement in desktops and laptops. Experience with LaserJet printers and tablets, smartphones, and A/V equipment is preferred.
- Very strong customer service skills, good written and verbal communication skills with experience creating technical documentation. Problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to solve problems and schedule tasks in an environment where priorities can shift quickly are essential.
- Technical experience with Windows XP/Vista/7, MS Office Suite, and knowledge of notebook hardware, smart phones, is required.
Application Instructions :
Follow the simple steps to apply online. Please include a resume and cover letter detailing commitment to service. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1864, St. Louis College of Pharmacy is one of the oldest and largest colleges of pharmacy in the nation. Our student body is...