Kern Community College District
Computer Information Systems Instructor - Part-time Adjunct Pool
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff assignments at the Bakersfield Community College Main Campus.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction in a broad-range of business courses. This assignment may include teaching at off-campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and multiple teaching methodologies.
Other duties include: maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Sick Leave only.
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
Knowledge and Abilities:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate that they are broadly prepared and have a depth of knowledge in the discipline. In addition, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge and abilities:
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes innovation, teaching, learning and service to diverse student population.
• Commitment to student learning.
• Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
• Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
• Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Education and Experience
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience
OR – Any associate’s degree and six years of professional experience;
OR – The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Posting Date: 11/19/2013
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Part-Time Academic
Rate: $60.00 per hour/Instructional
Work Week Flexible, as needed
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Special Instructions to Applicants
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Copies of legible transcripts
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3976
- 19 months ago - save job