Provide QAC LIVE lab support, including server administration, desktop/workstation administration and support, virtual machine environment administration, and networking administration and support. This is to support both the daily maintenance of the lab as well as helping to refractor the lab to scale to for future growth and expansion
Linux/Windows system administration of developer/demonstration workstations and supporting servers. Includes configuration, upkeep and maintenance of the hardware and support for all networks within and interfacing with these devices.
Ethernet networking, routing and switching configuration in support of set up and operation of the three (developer, integration and operational) LIVE lab environments both internal to the lab and for connectivity to APL ITSD resources.
Perl and Pyton and shell scripting development to support automation, monitoring, support, configuration and operation of the LIVE lab.
Documentation and enforcement of lab policies and procedures.
Basic management of a dynamic collection in-house developed C# and Java prototype applications.
Skills and Qualifications (education, training, experience, skill competencies, physical demands, etc.)
Are there any special requirements, e.g., travel, overtime, extra hazards, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.? Yes, must be on-call after-hours as needed.
- 5 years’ experience with Linux/Windows system administration
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware vSphere/ESXi and KVM.
- Hands-on experience with Windows and Linux
- Must have experience with shell scripting
- Experience with perl and/or python scripting
- Hands-on experience with Ethernet networking, including basic routing and switching technologies
This job requires that you possess a SECRET level government clearance.